God doesn't exist

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I used to believe in God pray daily but I can't do it anymore lying to myself that everything will be better and that God will help because it is not true.I am thankful for food,a roof under my head etc.But I just want to feel happy the past couple year has been hell I had struggled with anxiety etc.I hate being a child born out of wedlock I hate the fact that my step-father will never love me as his own he can lie all he wants but I don't think anyone can or will love me I am not good enough to be loved.

ReputationRep:
    Live to live, not to serve a God. That is how I see it, is there a God? I don't know, I don't think there is one but I nor anyone else knows the answers. I don't see why people worry so much about the topic, either way if you believe there is or there isn't it won't change what happens to you in the after life with what is already set, so just enjoy the most of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    I used to believe in God pray daily but I can't do it anymore lying to myself that everything will be better and that God will help because it is not true.I am thankful for food,a roof under my head etc.But I just want to feel happy the past couple year has been hell I had struggled with anxiety etc.I hate being a child born out of wedlock I hate the fact that my step-father will never love me as his own he can lie all he wants but I don't think anyone can or will love me I am not good enough to be loved.
    Hi OP. Sorry to read about how you are feeling atm. May I ask - are you undergoing - or have you ever undergone - any talking treatments, eg. counselling or therapy? Have you seen your GP about your anxiety?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    god's existence still being entertained conceptually in 2016 is just sad

ReputationRep:
    I used to believe in God pray daily but I can't do it anymore
    Many people have experienced the same. The problem is that you do not know what God is actually saying so you just ask for what you think, Jesus said to ask for his will ...

His will is that you lay down your agenda and "come as a child", He says you need to be born again, i.e. to receive something you were not born with .. His Spirit.

This is what all the disciples received:

"they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues*, as the Spirit gave them utterance"
    (Acts 2:4)

* an unlearned prayer language that God leads all his children in - 1 Corinthians 14:2, 4

... and what all true disciples of Jesus still receive!

I hope you will visit one meeting, or at least get in contact. Whereaboutrs are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Hi OP. Sorry to read about how you are feeling atm. May I ask - are you undergoing - or have you ever undergone - any talking treatments, eg. counselling or therapy? Have you seen your GP about your anxiety?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went to therapy it was not very good I did not like the lady and it did not help me at all maybe it made me feel even worse.

ReputationRep:
    I went to therapy it was not very good I did not like the lady and it did not help me at all maybe it made me feel even worse.
    Sorry to hear that. Have you thought about giving it a go but with a different person? You don't sound v well, which is why I am asking :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Sorry to hear that. Have you thought about giving it a go but with a different person? You don't sound v well, which is why I am asking :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your concern but I don't trust the system 2 years ago when I first went to the gp after struggling with anxiety i was ignored next year I went again I was admitted but had to wait 4 months for any help if this is the help they want to offer then I don't want any.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your concern but I don't trust the system 2 years ago when I first went to the gp after struggling with anxiety i was ignored next year I went again I was admitted but had to wait 4 months for any help if this is the help they want to offer then I don't want any.
    I would suggest you to go on a meditation course (It is free, and you can give a donation (no obligation) if you feel if it has helped).

I went to a 10 day silent meditation retreat near Herefordshire at dipa.dhamma.org All food and accommodation is provided by past donations.

I think it will help you immensely to face your problems, and help with your anxiety.

Vipassana meditation is an ancient technique of self-introspection. It has been preserved in its original purity and handed down through the generations. It is non-sectarian and open to anyone in reasonable physical and mental health.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a sensitive, thoughtful person : why should you not be loved ? so, take heart, and try, step by step, to build up some confidence

by the way, try having a roof over your head, not just under it : it improves the situation a lot

best

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.