Does anyone else think dreadlocks are disgusting?

ReputationRep:
    Would you date a guy/girl with dreads? I'm a Bengali girl and when I see someone with dreads, I think to myself have they looked in the mirror lately. It looks hideous and anyone that has those things on their head is a disgrace to humanity, and should be shot dead.

ReputationRep:
    They should be shot dead because of their hairstyle choice? Seems fair.

I'm not a fan of them but don't think they're disgusting.

(Original post by Sniper91)
    Would you date a guy/girl with dreads? I'm a Bengali girl and when I see someone with dreads, I think to myself have they looked in the mirror lately. It looks hideous and anyone that has those things on their head is a disgrace to humanity, and should be shot dead.
    Wow, harsh. It's their hair, not exactly causing you a problem so I don't understand why you should care.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you got dumped by a guy with dreadlocks

ReputationRep:
    If they maintain it then it can be clean, and white girls with dreadlocks is kinda cool. I dont miiind

ReputationRep:
    I just find them to a bit dirty, but the person I usually see with dreadlocks is really dirty anyway, but I think they are okay-ish. Not my preference

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

I'm not petty enough to be bothered by how people do their hair.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you tell us that you're a Bengali girl? Why on Earth would that be relevant? )

And dreads are awesomeee.

ReputationRep:
    ok.

ReputationRep:
    I mean, they're not my favourite hairstyle, but one of my best friend's looks great with them in, they really suit her.

I think saying that people who wear them should be 'shot dead' is a bit excessive.

ReputationRep:
    That woman in creed has 'em

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, OP maybe if you invested more time in your education as opposed to judging what hairstyles people wear then you wouldn't have had to pay loads of money to sit your exam privately.
    I mean, you think that people who have dreads 'should be shot dead' right? Well, I think that people who failed to get a C in GCSE maths should be shot dead instead, because clearly they are a lesser contribution to society than someone who simply chooses to style their hair a certain way

ReputationRep:
    You're the disgrace to humanity tbh. Wonder what it's like to have nothing going for you and all you have time to do is worry about people's hairstyles.

Bless

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell man getting shot because you have dreadlocks?? Jeezzz a bit extreme man. Plus not everyone may suit them but let people express themselves... even if you hate it.

ReputationRep:
    no they dont bother me, i dont get why it trigger some people, it's just a hair style. sure they might not wash it often but the look it self isnt as offensive as mullets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liquidconfidence)
    Hmm, OP maybe if you invested more time in your education as opposed to judging what hairstyles people wear then you wouldn't have had to pay loads of money to sit your exam privately.
    I mean, you think that people who have dreads 'should be shot dead' right? Well, I think that people who failed to get a C in GCSE maths should be shot dead instead, because clearly they are a lesser contribution to society than someone who simply chooses to style their hair a certain way
    I thought this was TSR and not r/roastme...

ReputationRep:
    Did you see the actress Bo Derek with blonde dreadlocks in the film 10 ? Nothing hideous about her at all.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike em. just one of the hairstyles I dislike. I also hate the top knot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Wow, harsh. It's their hair, not exactly causing you a problem so I don't understand why you should care.
    I don't really care tbh. But I recently developed a crush on a white guy with dreads so....

ReputationRep:
    They're really not

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.