Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you do not turn up for a GCSE exam does it go on your results sheet as a U? Watch

Announcements

I have an exam in like 6 weeks and I'm not ready for it, we have like 3 topics left to learn and I'm no where near revision lol. If I don't turn up to the exam will it show up on my results sheet?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly yes, and you don't want to be a U I suppose, so you best start revising from now besides you have 3 weeks you can do a lot in that time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your school will have registered you for the exam so you will get a grade even if you don't turn up, and it'll either be U or X (I think X is only if disqualified but I'm not sure).

ReputationRep:
    You will get an X, which pretty much means you didn't do the exam.. I know because a guy in my class did it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No, it wasn't me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I swear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adz234)
    I have an exam in like 6 weeks and I'm not ready for it, we have like 3 topics left to learn and I'm no where near revision lol. If I don't turn up to the exam will it show up on my results sheet?
    3 weeks is LOADS to revise!!! (and its only one subject) What subject?

ReputationRep:
    What subject? If it's a subject that I've done I can try and share some notes etc?

ReputationRep:
    If you have a valid excuse like you are in hospital at the time of the exam the examination boared will award you a mark bassed on your average and the national average for people who scored similar amount of marks as you on the other papers. You could fake fainting or you could actually brake your arm on hour beffore hand so you are in hospital for the exam

ReputationRep:
    You will get an X, meaning that not enough of the qualification was sat to assign a grade.

Just turn up to the exam, and try to revise as much as you can, 6 weeks is plenty! A D/E is better than a U or X.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    You will get an X, meaning that not enough of the qualification was sat to assign a grade.

Just turn up to the exam, and try to revise as much as you can, 6 weeks is plenty! A D/E is better than a U or X.
    Thing is, X doesn't really count so you just don't have the qualification, so you don't need to put it on UCAS sand stuff. Whereas for a U you would need to

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.