Being away from my friends is tearing me apart

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My friendship group had nine of us in high school, i went to one college and the other 8 went to another college. I thought the college i chose was the right college for me but i miss my friends so much and it's getting me really down. last time i lost so many friends was when i quit swimming and i ended up in hospital due to mental health issues a few months later. I'm considering transferring to the college all my friends are at as I'm getting really depressed but i'm worried what to say to my parents? do you think i should consider transferring or just stick it out for the next two years?

ReputationRep:
    Move. Colleges don't make a 'huge' difference to your overall grades IMO. It's the person themselves that matter most.
    Go to your friends if you feel you're more comfortable there

(Original post by Evxs)
    My friendship group had nine of us in high school, i went to one college and the other 8 went to another college. I thought the college i chose was the right college for me but i miss my friends so much and it's getting me really down. last time i lost so many friends was when i quit swimming and i ended up in hospital due to mental health issues a few months later. I'm considering transferring to the college all my friends are at as I'm getting really depressed but i'm worried what to say to my parents? do you think i should consider transferring or just stick it out for the next two years?
    Depends. Why did you choose the new college? is it much better academically than the old one. You ahve to weigh up whether it will give you an advantage for better grades, which means better university or whether you can make up the difference at the other college. Only you can make the call.

Tell your parents its affecting your work and you are really unhappy if you are.
    Surely they wnat you to be happy?

ReputationRep:
    depends why you chose the college... if moving means you can't do a specific course or something then you should stay... if you don't think it would make much difference then swap

at the end of the day you will not see your friends every day forever, in 2 years they will move all over the country for university so it's not the worst thing to start that process a little early, you just need to make an effort to keep in touch and arrange meetings...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.