Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you bring breakfast to uni with you? For my early classes, I need to leave the house at about 8, and that's too early for me to wake up, get my **** together, make breakfast, eat it and have time to get through to uni etc. I've been making oats to take with me but by the time I get to eat it most of the time they're cold and gross and I can only manage about half before they're too gross to continue. I'm vegan and gluten free which is why I take my own cause it's sometimes difficult to find substantial meals for myself + I don't wanna spend a load of money. If any of you do take in breakfasts what do you take? Or lunches even?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing beats a homemade sandwich! (for lunch)

ReputationRep:
    I used to take a flask of soup and a flask of coffee with me, because I was always in a rush in the mornings otherwise. Used to have a desk picnic. Brilliant in the middle of winter.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skibunni)
    Do any of you bring breakfast to uni with you? For my early classes, I need to leave the house at about 8, and that's too early for me to wake up, get my **** together, make breakfast, eat it and have time to get through to uni etc. I've been making oats to take with me but by the time I get to eat it most of the time they're cold and gross and I can only manage about half before they're too gross to continue. I'm vegan and gluten free which is why I take my own cause it's sometimes difficult to find substantial meals for myself + I don't wanna spend a load of money. If any of you do take in breakfasts what do you take? Or lunches even?
    Hello!

A lot of people take their own food with them to university. Nothing better than preparing some breakfast / lunch the night before and taking it to university with you. Means you save a little money and you know it's as healthy or as unhealthy as you want it to be!

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.