Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Bringing food into uni?

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you bring breakfast to uni with you? For my early classes, I need to leave the house at about 8, and that's too early for me to wake up, get my **** together, make breakfast, eat it and have time to get through to uni etc. I've been making oats to take with me but by the time I get to eat it most of the time they're cold and gross and I can only manage about half before they're too gross to continue. I'm vegan and gluten free which is why I take my own cause it's sometimes difficult to find substantial meals for myself + I don't wanna spend a load of money. If any of you do take in breakfasts what do you take? Or lunches even?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing beats a homemade sandwich! (for lunch)

ReputationRep:
    I used to take a flask of soup and a flask of coffee with me, because I was always in a rush in the mornings otherwise. Used to have a desk picnic. Brilliant in the middle of winter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skibunni)
    Do any of you bring breakfast to uni with you? For my early classes, I need to leave the house at about 8, and that's too early for me to wake up, get my **** together, make breakfast, eat it and have time to get through to uni etc. I've been making oats to take with me but by the time I get to eat it most of the time they're cold and gross and I can only manage about half before they're too gross to continue. I'm vegan and gluten free which is why I take my own cause it's sometimes difficult to find substantial meals for myself + I don't wanna spend a load of money. If any of you do take in breakfasts what do you take? Or lunches even?
    Hello!

A lot of people take their own food with them to university. Nothing better than preparing some breakfast / lunch the night before and taking it to university with you. Means you save a little money and you know it's as healthy or as unhealthy as you want it to be!

Good luck!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.