Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Batman the bad guy? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    He's a billionaire from a long line of industrialists, ultimately making his family one of the major bodies in Gotham, and he uses that money to fund all manner of technology for him to beat up people who are, in the main, poor, quite a few of whom are arguably mentally ill. Rather than do anything about the deprivation in Gotham and the causes of crime, he just goes around wailing on the unfortunate.

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Nah, after many years of reading comics (and still going) I've seen Batman do more good than bad. Yeah he occasionally messes up, but he is only human after all.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Certainly not, because the wayne foundation exists.

i think he's the good guy

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1PMVvfjDM
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    He's a billionaire from a long line of industrialists, ultimately making his family one of the major bodies in Gotham, and he uses that money to fund all manner of technology for him to beat up people who are, in the main, poor, quite a few of whom are arguably mentally ill. Rather than do anything about the deprivation in Gotham and the causes of crime, he just goes around wailing on the unfortunate.

Discuss.
    From this point of view, I would say he is a self-righteous man who is taking revenge for the killing parents in his own way. His sense for justice is just the sense of vigilantism, his methods in terms of fighting against the crime is dubious and his efforts does not change for better: he is trying to keep Gotham clear, but in presence of Batman the crime raised and the whole city became unstadier than before. This bornes out that Batman does not fight for justiice, but for himself. All in all he is an anti-hero.**

ReputationRep:
    Antihero

ReputationRep:
    this is racist just because he's black
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Certainly not, because the wayne foundation exists.
    Are you serious? before I have not seen a picture of this foundation indeed, I don't believe in this existence.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.