Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

BAD GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I want to apply to medicine at Imperial College or Oxford. My IB points add up to 39, im confident that my BMAT will go well, I have good references and Ive been told that o have a great PS too. My IGCSE's are the problem. 1A* 3B 4C. WHAT AM I TO DO????

ReputationRep:
    Don't apply to Oxford. Unless you have significant extenuating circumstances, you won't stand a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Without wishing to be harsh, everyone has a good reference and similarly stellar PS filled with the usual bilge about volunteering overseas and Grade 8 bassoon.

Ultimately, you're going to be assessed on your examination results, and the GCSE aren't brilliant - they're not awful, either. What were the Cs in? Unless there were serious, provable extenuating circumstances, then I do think that a competitive application to either Imperial or Oxford is unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdschoolwant)
    Hi, I want to apply to medicine at Imperial College or Oxford. My IB points add up to 39, im confident that my BMAT will go well, I have good references and Ive been told that o have a great PS too. My IGCSE's are the problem. 1A* 3B 4C. WHAT AM I TO DO????
    Why is this a problem? You gat all C's and above. I see nothing to worry about. Try Sixth Form or another college/uni. It'll work out, OK. Trust me. I had a B, 4 C's, 2 D's, an E and a U. Doing what I love now.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe oxford is out of the question but imperial is definitely not.They are not even looking at gcses this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Don't apply to Oxford. Unless you have significant extenuating circumstances, you won't stand a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had dengue fever whilst doing my IGCSE's

ReputationRep:
    what are you doing?
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    Why is this a problem? You gat all C's and above. I see nothing to worry about. Try Sixth Form or another college/uni. It'll work out, OK. Trust me. I had a B, 4 C's, 2 D's, an E and a U. Doing what I love now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdschoolwant)
    what are you doing?
    I'm going A-levels in IT, Computing and Maths. All link together, and I love using my computer.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.