Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have I messed up..? Watch

Announcements

First post on here, tell me if it's in the wrong place..

So about a month ago I slid into the dms of this girl who I used to go to school with. Things were going well, we snap chatted a lot and I found out she lives about an hour from our old home town.

We met up on a night out where we both happened to be out with our own friends and talked for the whole evening, slightly intoxicated.. At the end of the evening, she asked if I wanted to go back to hers which I politely declined, knowing she was quite a lot more drunk than me, thought it was the responsible thing to do! Since then we've called/ FaceTimed a bit, and continued to text, but she doesn't seem to be that into me anymore. When I asked if she remembered that she asked me back to hers she said that it was just in a friendly way to carry on drinking round hers..

Problem is, sometimes she responds to me consistently and sometimes she'll open messages and "forget" to reply etc etc.. However sometimes I'll get some pretty crazy Snapchats from her if you catch me drift..

She's told me in the past that she feels a bit heartless, and that she isn't looking for a boyfriend, but whatever happens happens..? She also says that it takes her a long time to let her gaurd down.

Question is, do I continue to chase her? Is she playing hard to get or is she not interested? I've asked her out before to go to Nando's or for a pint but she's always busy and has very odd/ unpredictable hours with her work. I think if I can get a date or just hang out with her, I might be able to build a bit of trust for her to start letting her gaurd down..

Let me know what you think it's if you need more info! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

So about a month ago I slid into the dms of this girl who I used to go to school with. Things were going well, we snap chatted a lot and I found out she lives about an hour from our old home town.

We met up on a night out where we both happened to be out with our own friends and talked for the whole evening, slightly intoxicated.. At the end of the evening, she asked if I wanted to go back to hers which I politely declined, knowing she was quite a lot more drunk than me, thought it was the responsible thing to do! Since then we've called/ FaceTimed a bit, and continued to text, but she doesn't seem to be that into me anymore. When I asked if she remembered that she asked me back to hers she said that it was just in a friendly way to carry on drinking round hers..

Problem is, sometimes she responds to me consistently and sometimes she'll open messages and "forget" to reply etc etc.. However sometimes I'll get some pretty crazy Snapchats from her if you catch me drift..

She's told me in the past that she feels a bit heartless, and that she isn't looking for a boyfriend, but whatever happens happens..? She also says that it takes her a long time to let her gaurd down.

Question is, do I continue to chase her? Is she playing hard to get or is she not interested? I've asked her out before to go to Nando's or for a pint but she's always busy and has very odd/ unpredictable hours with her work. I think if I can get a date or just hang out with her, I might be able to build a bit of trust for her to start letting her gaurd down..

She doesn't seem that into you. When a girls into someone she can't hold back even if she tried.

ReputationRep:

She might be into you. But she's probably not into only you if you catch my drift. Her erratic behaviour tells me she's either being immature and trying to play with you or is genuinely confused about her feelings for you, most likely the former.

TL;DR: Don't bother wasting your time on her.

(Original post by xobeauty)
    She doesn't seem that into you. When a girls into someone she can't hold back even if she tried.
    That's what I'm toying with in my head, is she or is she not..

(Original post by tictactao)
    She might be into you. But she's probably not into only you if you catch my drift. Her erratic behaviour tells me she's either being immature and trying to play with you or is genuinely confused about her feelings for you, most likely the former.

TL;DR: Don't bother wasting your time on her.
    I do catch your drift, and not to be harsh but that's quite probable.. I think she's either playing INCREDIBLY hard to get, or she's a bit confused like you said.

How can I go about getting her to make up her mind a bit? I know I won't be able to stop wasting time chasing to be honest!..

Also, is it possible she's just flicking between guys? Or am I over thinking a little.. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    actually I was going to suggest that maybe she does like you but felt like you friendzoned her after you rejected her proposal to go back to her place. She might just be feeling a bit embarrassed and wants to 'play it cool' to avoid embarrassing herself further. If you like the girl just tell her . You're both playing games otherwise and dancing around the subject and that's not going to get you anywhere. Honesty is the best policy!

Thanks for the responses so far!

Okay, bit of an update.. Managed to meet up with her quite late just before she had to head off, only got to speak for half and hour or so.

Basically we talked loads about everything but us. Problem is she talked a little bit about how she's not really sure she wants a relationship with anyone at the moment..

I didn't make it clear that I'd be interested in seeing where we go with this and that I am keen which I regret! So now I guess it's really my last chance to make it clear what I want to do, and just see how she responds. Anyone got any tips to help her make up her mind about going on a date or convincing her to properly hang out, I'm sure if I get the chance to properly talk to her about us I should be able to gaining her trust and let her gaurd down a bit!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses so far!

Okay, bit of an update.. Managed to meet up with her quite late just before she had to head off, only got to speak for half and hour or so.

Basically we talked loads about everything but us. Problem is she talked a little bit about how she's not really sure she wants a relationship with anyone at the moment..

I didn't make it clear that I'd be interested in seeing where we go with this and that I am keen which I regret! So now I guess it's really my last chance to make it clear what I want to do, and just see how she responds. Anyone got any tips to help her make up her mind about going on a date or convincing her to properly hang out, I'm sure if I get the chance to properly talk to her about us I should be able to gaining her trust and let her gaurd down a bit!

Thanks
    Just ask her point blank to go out with you. No innuendos, no euphemisms. Make your intentions absolutely clear so there is no room for misunderstanding. If she knows no then that's all there is to it. If she says yes then you can plan from there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.