The Student Room Group

UniMatch : Search for uni courses on TSR with grade entry requirements

Hello everyone,

Hope you're well :h:

Super news to kick start the week!

Our UniMatch course search tool is now complete with the latest data from universities and HE colleges. This includes all the entry requirements [if available].You can begin searching for courses here

NSS scores will be updated asap as the new data has just been released.

Let me know what you think about the course search tool and if you have any questions on suggestions on how to improve it please let me know

:bl:

UniMatch Search.jpg

If you add your predicted grades your course results will be filtered based on the uni entry requirements.If you add your postcode you'll be able to get average train and car travel times which is super helpful when decided on how far you want to be away from home.

Scroll to see replies

The results pages now include all of the course entry requirements and module information.

The latest open days and relevant uni course forums also appear on this page.

Course information.jpg
Attachment not found
We've also created a course comparison feature where you can compare up to 5 comparisons and save these on your account. This already a really popular feature so well-worth checking out.

Course comparison.jpg
PRSOM :cry2:

This looks brilliant!
Excellent :colone:
Are the nonsense TSR ratings/reviews going to be cleaned up at any point?
Original post by PQ
Are the nonsense TSR ratings/reviews going to be cleaned up at any point?

Is there a particular one you're referring too? :smile: The ones that you have noticed might be originals which may have slipped through moderation. Some of them are really helpful though and we want to continue working with the community to get more.

We have built a brand new form (you've reminded me to share it!) which means all reviews are put into our moderation queue before submission.

Members can submit a review of their uni here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26466-review-your-university-now-and-help-thousands-of-uni-applicants
Love itttt :awesome:
Reply 8
Loving how the screenshots mostly show History course. :wink: @She-Ra

Looks lovely though. :love:
Original post by Airmed
Loving how the screenshots mostly show History course. :wink: @She-Ra

Looks lovely though. :love:

Old habits die hard :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by She-Ra
Old habits die hard :wink:

:laugh:

Does it extend to postgrad, or would that be a lot of work?
Original post by Airmed
:laugh:

Does it extend to postgrad, or would that be a lot of work?

Potentially in the future. For now we want to make sure we're offering an excellent tool for undergrad search, uni and HE college courses. We'll keep on improving it through user testing and member's feedback.

As we'll make changes I'll keep you all posted :cyber:
Reply 12
Original post by She-Ra
Potentially in the future. For now we want to make sure we're offering an excellent tool for undergrad search, uni and HE college courses. We'll keep on improving it through user testing and member's feedback.

As we'll make changes I'll keep you all posted :cyber:

:yep: I agree. Was just thinking about myself when I start applying for history postgrads next year.:tongue:
Original post by She-Ra
Is there a particular one you're referring too? :smile: The ones that you have noticed might be originals which may have slipped through moderation. Some of them are really helpful though and we want to continue working with the community to get more.

We have built a brand new form (you've reminded me to share it!) which means all reviews are put into our moderation queue before submission.

Members can submit a review of their uni here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26466-review-your-university-now-and-help-thousands-of-uni-applicants

These two are the ones I've come across - negative (or positive) reviews aren't really helpful without any text that explains why they're negative.

bbaavh.PNG
UCA review.PNG
Just spotted this one in the University for Creative Arts reviews (specifically references LCF which is part of University of the Arts London)

Spoiler

I agree with you, any review like this in the future won't be published on to the site. To be fair, those are three out of 10000 or so and it's early days but quality is really important to us. It looks like those slipped through the net.
This looks really great. I've been looking around for something exactly like it! I'll definitely be using this. Thanks a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseadagg3r
This looks really great. I've been looking around for something exactly like it! I'll definitely be using this. Thanks a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great stuff :smile: When you've given it a go please can you let m e know what you think? :h:
Original post by She-Ra
Great stuff :smile: When you've given it a go please can you let m e know what you think? :h:

Yeah, of course. I had a bit of a play around with it earlier and it's definitely useful. It would great if there could be more info about entry requirements for the unis, especially about what BTEC grades would be required. In my searches, including my study level and predicted grades, a large number of results had little information to them, but other than that it's actually very good. It's helped me pretty firmly decide on a uni to apply to already. I really like the way it's laid out, and it's very easy to use. Being able to include my predicted grade in a search is probably my favourite feature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Yeah, of course. I had a bit of a play around with it earlier and it's definitely useful. It would great if there could be more info about entry requirements for the unis, especially about what BTEC grades would be required. In my searches, including my study level and predicted grades, a large number of results had little information to them, but other than that it's actually very good. It's helped me pretty firmly decide on a uni to apply to already. I really like the way it's laid out, and it's very easy to use. Being able to include my predicted grade in a search is probably my favourite feature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great.

Re entry requirements and module information - this is all dependent on exactly what the university has supplied to UCAS and then we input that directly from UCAS :smile: I agree it would be great to have more BTEC info and as this qualification grows that will impact on level of detail of information in UniMatch.

Are you studying all BTEC or some A-levels too?

I'm really chuffed to hear that it's helped you choose a uni that you think you'd like to go too. That makes me feel like all our hard work has just paid off.

Thank you so much for your feedback :smile: If you use it again and think of any other changes, additions or suggestions let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending