Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you think my chances are of being considered for 2017 entry with achieved A levels ABB? I did get really good GCSE's and above average UKCAT (did that yesterday) and I know some uni's have different weighting for UKCAT and Academic stuff, I was wondering if anywhere wouldn't mind my grades being below their requirements if this was countered by good GCSE's and UKCAT...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KappaTao)
    What do you think my chances are of being considered for 2017 entry with achieved A levels ABB? I did get really good GCSE's and above average UKCAT (did that yesterday) and I know some uni's have different weighting for UKCAT and Academic stuff, I was wondering if anywhere wouldn't mind my grades being below their requirements if this was countered by good GCSE's and UKCAT...
    You will strugle- do you have any mittagating circumstances to explain your lower drades? OR do you come from a low preforming Sixform and/ or been eligable for FSM? If so you may be eligable for a contextual offer.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/student...r-2339072.html

ReputationRep:
    ABB in the absence of mitigating circumstance/disadvantage/crap schooling usually means no offers. No point beating about the bush about this.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for being blunt but it isn't likely, but they may consider you if you have mitigating circumstances, however you could always retake A levels and reapply - I know some universities (Lancaster) will consider you. Wish you all the best.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think I have a good chance of acceptance with my GCSEs? My stats are:

3A*s
    3As
    2Bs - B in Math
    1C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vitae)
    Does anyone think I have a good chance of acceptance with my GCSEs? My stats are:

3A*s
    3As
    2Bs - B in Math
    1C
    Yes, your GCSE's arn't grate but you still have a chance if you get a very good UKAT score. Did you know that at gcse oxbridge only acctually require c grade passes in maths, english and doulle science. However you would need A*A*A grades at A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glassanimal)
    Yes, your GCSE's arn't grate but you still have a chance if you get a very good UKAT score. Did you know that at gcse oxbridge only acctually require c grade passes in maths, english and doulle science. However you would need A*A*A grades at A2
    Thank you, that's good to hear! I wish I could but I don't think I'll be applying to oxbridge though

ReputationRep:
    I just check St Georges website and they will consider you application if you've achieved AAB-ABB depending on the average scores at your school.
    http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergra...entry-criteria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vitae)
    Thank you, that's good to hear! I wish I could but I don't think I'll be applying to oxbridge though
    Neather Will I- I was just illustrating my point that GCSE's dont matter that much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.