Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what if I want to study for a second degree. Is there funding

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about a second undergraduate degree then there is very little funding. They fall under the EPQ rules, which broadly are that there is no access to further student support (maintenance or tuition fee loans) if you take a second course at a level equivalent or less to that which you already hold. There are a few exceptions: medicine, architecture etc but by and large you're on your own and need to be in a position to pay the fees yourself up front, which at £30K is not possible for the vast majority of students
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizozo)
    what if I want to study for a second degree. Is there funding
    Depends. Which course?

Generally yes if it's part-time and a STEM course. Otherwise generally no.

Edit to add: ah, I didn't initially notice the forum, for healthcare see the link from the poster below

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...g-response.pdf
    This states that if you are studying for a second degree in nursing, midwifery or another allied health health profession, you many be eligible for a second loan from SLC.I hope this is true as I want to undertake a second degree in Occupational Therapy and can't afford to without a loan now the bursaries have been scrapped.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.