Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

This is the easiest way to earn money when you have time to kill... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Online survey panels have made me a few extra quid (approx £25) a month from just completing surveys that are sent to me! YouGov, Tribe Village, Crowdlogy and EasyOpinions are my favourites in terms of getting a decent cash incentive, what panels are you subscribed to and how much do you guys earn each month? If you haven't already this is the easiest way to make cash so join some panels now and spread the word! :bumps::dancing:

ReputationRep:
    is it real £ or in vouchers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    is it real £ or in vouchers?
    Real money you can transfer to PayPal once you reach a certain threshold. Some sites do vouchers as well so look at what they are offering and pick ones that suits you

(Original post by dabking)
    Online survey panels have made me a few extra quid (approx £25) a month from just completing surveys that are sent to me! YouGov, Tribe Village, Crowdlogy and EasyOpinions are my favourites in terms of getting a decent cash incentive, what panels are you subscribed to and how much do you guys earn each month? If you haven't already this is the easiest way to make cash so join some panels now and spread the word! :bumps::dancing:
    I've been on Swagbucks for 2 weeks and made £25 so far! Transferred as money to my PayPal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I've been on Swagbucks for 2 weeks and made £25 so far! Transferred as money to my PayPal
    That's awesome you made the same amount as me but with only half the time! You should check out Tribe Village they're decent for extra cash on the side of your Swagbucks

That's awesome you made the same amount as me but with only half the time! You should check out Tribe Village they're decent for extra cash on the side of your Swagbucks
    Thanks for the suggestion but I really cba haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SalazarSlytherin)
    Refund fraud, make a few hundred £ with a few mins of effort
    No fraud here lad, companies pay for valuable consumer insight but for us consumers its the easiest way to earn some cash :excited:

ReputationRep:
    I currently use Swagbucks, YouGov and Opinion Outpost. Swagbucks has been the best so far

ReputationRep:
    While surveys are one of the easiest ways to make money the return is absolutely dreadful. £25 over a month (or even a week) is a rubbish return for what probably amounts to more than a few hours work.

In terms of return for low investment no risk matched betting is generally a much better alternative. You can make that £25 in less than an hour and make far more substantial returns when you know what you're doing.

And I'll also point out the obvious here. Don't you have something better to do with the time? Maybe you have an hour to spare a day which you use to complete surveys. Imagine if you put that hour elsewhere. I'm not suggesting you use it to complete school work (although the monetary benefit down the line is far greater) but that is one alternative. But imagine if you invested that time in a business idea. Maybe you use it to design and sell T Shirts, or sell web pages, or tutor, or write a blog. All of which have potentially better returns.

Surveys are great for kids that want a few extra pennies but if you're serious about making money in your spare time they're a terrible idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    While surveys are one of the easiest ways to make money the return is absolutely dreadful. £25 over a month (or even a week) is a rubbish return for what probably amounts to more than a few hours work.

In terms of return for low investment no risk matched betting is generally a much better alternative. You can make that £25 in less than an hour and make far more substantial returns when you know what you're doing.

And I'll also point out the obvious here. Don't you have something better to do with the time? Maybe you have an hour to spare a day which you use to complete surveys. Imagine if you put that hour elsewhere. I'm not suggesting you use it to complete school work (although the monetary benefit down the line is far greater) but that is one alternative. But imagine if you invested that time in a business idea. Maybe you use it to design and sell T Shirts, or sell web pages, or tutor, or write a blog. All of which have potentially better returns.

Surveys are great for kids that want a few extra pennies but if you're serious about making money in your spare time they're a terrible idea.
    Thanks for your insight Acsel, appreciate any words of wisdom here. Survey participation for me is generally for fun when i have a gap between my lessons at college or on the bus on the way home from work. Starting your own business takes a lot of time, effort and stress which i don't currently have / want before going to uni, so survey participation for me is just something that i can do in the little bits of spare time i have to earn some very quick easy cash! Love that attitude though! :five:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your insight Acsel, appreciate any words of wisdom here. Survey participation for me is generally for fun when i have a gap between my lessons at college or on the bus on the way home from work. Starting your own business takes a lot of time, effort and stress which i don't currently have / want before going to uni, so survey participation for me is just something that i can do in the little bits of spare time i have to earn some very quick easy cash! Love that attitude though! :five:
    If you enjoy surveys then that's totally fine. Make the most of your time that way and the cash is a bonus. I remember an old app I had on my phone that rewarded you with money for scanning receipts with specific items. It was small amounts but it was free and added up. Little stuff like that that don't require any effort are nice.

Businesses was a bit of an extreme example. I had an old YouTube channel that I uploaded a video to once a week. It took less than an hour to make, edit and upload the videos. This was about 2 years ago and I've since stopped but I recently got my first £60 out of it. If you were invested in doing something like this you'd make decent money.

I guess the whole point is to look for things that are relevant to you. I'll be starting a blog soon, partly with the intention of making money, partly to chronicle my journey at uni and partly because practicing HTML will help me with one of my units.

ReputationRep:
    it may only be a few minutes but isn't it several pages of boxes you have to tick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    If you enjoy surveys then that's totally fine. Make the most of your time that way and the cash is a bonus. I remember an old app I had on my phone that rewarded you with money for scanning receipts with specific items. It was small amounts but it was free and added up. Little stuff like that that don't require any effort are nice.

Businesses was a bit of an extreme example. I had an old YouTube channel that I uploaded a video to once a week. It took less than an hour to make, edit and upload the videos. This was about 2 years ago and I've since stopped but I recently got my first £60 out of it. If you were invested in doing something like this you'd make decent money.

I guess the whole point is to look for things that are relevant to you. I'll be starting a blog soon, partly with the intention of making money, partly to chronicle my journey at uni and partly because practicing HTML will help me with one of my units.
    I remember that receipt thing! Sounds like you have your life sorted at the moment keep going and you'll be an entrepreneur in no time :groovy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    it may only be a few minutes but isn't it several pages of boxes you have to tick?
    The longer the surveys the more cash you'll earn, some are boxes you have to tick, some are images you click and some are boxes where you write your answer in. Some interesting topics do come up though and if you have spare time that otherwise would be spent doing nothing then why not get some quick cash ay? :happy2:

ReputationRep:
    Could I make 2000 in 2 months if I do a ton of surveys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.panda)
    I currently use Swagbucks, YouGov and Opinion Outpost. Swagbucks has been the best so far
    You should check out Tribe Village, they've been very good for me as of recent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    Could I make 2000 in 2 months if I do a ton of surveys?
    That may be a bit ambitious haha i guess if you sign up to loads of sites you could earn a fair amount each month

ReputationRep:
    just start hustling selling imported CZ c**p jewellery at a £1 a piece you'll make £10 an hour at least even more if you can get .925 silver or 9kt gold
    or just start buying scrap silver and gold the money is good there as you're under 18 I gather OP
    I mean I'm 21 and have just bought another Rolex for myself (the third this year) I have my Mercedes, I have my bullion stock and a sizeable jewellery collection

ReputationRep:
    Matched betting I make £300-600 a month for maybe 5 hours work a week....

ReputationRep:
    That may be a bit ambitious haha i guess if you sign up to loads of sites you could earn a fair amount each month
    I need money -.-
    How about 1000£ in 2 months?

How many surveys would I have to do in 1 day? I'm willing to put 3 hours a day in or more

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.