Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

How to meditate during lectures?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to meditate during class. My lectures tend not to be much writing down, you just sit there with the printed notes. I also prefer to go over the lectures in my own time having recorded the lecture so I can go through it at my own pace.

However I do not wish to be unproductive! I thought perhaps a good idea would be to meditate in class. But it's hard to do this, obviously I can't close my eyes and of course the lecturer is moving back and forth.

Any tips? No I'm not failing uni, I'm doing rather well, just I feel sometimes the lectures are a bit pointless yet I have to attend them. Hence I'd rather be productive!

ReputationRep:
    Ask if you can record the lecture. If yes, wear a comfortable hoodie, sit at the back in s corner, put up your hood and relax.

ReputationRep:
    lol just focus in class

if you really wanna meditate get the headspace app and just put the earphones in I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimir)
    Ask if you can record the lecture. If yes, wear a comfortable hoodie, sit at the back in s corner, put up your hood and relax.
    I already record the lectures. Which is why there isn't much to do.Our lectures are already printed out too, no one really annotates them much in the lecture. In fact think our uni course adopts the policy that if it isn't on the printed lectures (or there isn't a question there telling you to find out by yourself) it won't be examinable.

The uni hall isn't big enough unfortunately, and even if I wear a hoodie I can't really shut my eyes. Don't want to take the risk .

ReputationRep:
    Focus your attention on your natural breathing. Feel the cool breath at the entrance of your nostrils as you breathe in, and the warm breath as you breathe out at the entrance of your nostrils. If you get distracted, gently bring your attention back to your breath. Do this for as long as possible, you'll find your concentration improves a lot.

ReputationRep:
    £9,250 a year is a lot for meditation.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.