Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Henry Price Accommodation : Everything you need to know

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, i am in my first year of university in Leeds and live in the Henry Price Accommodation. Before I moved in i tried to find information on the halls and could only find posts from years ago so i thought i would make a new one as a lot of the information is outdated on the old one.

General:

SO to start with you'll be living in a flat of nine mixed sex and sharing a bathroom between two (same sex). I will discuss each of the areas separately below. I have split the dining area and kitchen in half even though they are in on big open space.

Kitchen:
    You get -
    3 fridge freezers (one fridge shelf, one freezer shelf each)
    9 square cupboards for food which can be padlocked
    2 microwaves
    1 oven
    2 oven tops (8 hobs altogether)
    a range of different cupboards and draws for cutlery and dishes
    1 sink
    1 iron
    1 ironing board
    mop, bucket, brush, hoover, dustpan and little brush
    2 recycle bins
    1 general waste bin

The kitchens have just been refurbished so look different to the online pictures.

Things you should buy: A washing up bowl, a dish drainer, toaster

Dining Area:
    You get -
    2 Tables
    3 Couches (same as the photos)
    Notice Board

Bedroom:

Bathroom:
    You Get -
    Shower
    Toilet
    Toilet Brush
    Sink
    Sink Cabinet
    Two shelves in shower
    Mirror

So the bathrooms connect your bedroom to the person you share the bathroom with meaning you can walk straight through. However there are locks on the inside of your bedroom to keep them out and there is a lock inside the bathroom. To ensure you can't lock each other out of the bathroom, the doors can only be locked from the inside if you are inside the bathroom with both doors shut and to get out you have to unlock both doors.

The showers are nice and powerful

Things you should buy - toothbrush pot

Social Side/ warden rules:
    There are some rules however the wardens are quite lenient with these.

There is an 11.00 noise curfew however they only really enforce this if somebody complains.

The reception desk is only open at certain times through out the day which can be quite annoying because this is the only time you can collect parcels. Any letters are sent to a flat post box which can be opened at any time however to get larger parcels you would have to wait for the office to open.

The halls are really sociable and quite noisy, perfect for people who like to party but not everyone goes out.

Washing:

Bike/car storage:
    There is bike storage at the front of the accommodation which can be accessed through the fob used to access the flat door.

There are car parking spaces but they don't allow you to park here unless for medical reasons. It is open on the day you arrive but after that they do not let people use it as it is used by the university instead so do not bring a car!!!

Before you arrive:

Make sure you do the eintro thing on the portal and book a time slot to arrive. It doesn't matter if you're late but you need to have done that. It takes about half an hour to do.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.