?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Bump
fandom-queen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm trilingual, and I think only in english.
ForestShadow
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes they do, why couldnt they if they were fluent? I dream in both too!
rambapa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
(Original post by fandom-queen)
I'm trilingual, and I think only in english.
What are your other 2 languages? What age did you learn all 3 languages? Can you think in your other 2 languages?
rambapa
Rep:
?
(Original post by ForestShadow)
yes they do, why couldnt they if they were fluent? I dream in both too!
What are your 2 languages? What age did you learn both languages? Can you think in 2 languages?
JulianneVS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, if you can say something in the language then you can think it too. I'm trilingual and tend to think in the same language I am post frequently speaking in/am surrounded by.
rambapa
Rep:
?
(Original post by JulianneVS)
Yes, if you can say something in the language then you can think it too. I'm trilingual and tend to think in the same language I am post frequently speaking in/am surrounded by.
What languages can you think in?
Vysniuz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm bilingual and tend to base the language I think about around either my mood or environment. If not then I sometimes do this odd thing where I alternate the languages back and forth in my mind so my mind has each word in a different language.
fandom-queen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rambapa)
What are your 2 languages? What age did you learn both languages? Can you think in 2 languages?
What are your other 2 languages? What age did you learn all 3 languages? Can you think in your other 2 languages?
I speak bengali, english and hindi. Bengali is my mother tongue, Hindi I learnt at school, from......when I was 3, English I learnt parallel to bengali.
rambapa
Rep:
?
I speak bengali, english and hindi. Bengali is my mother tongue, Hindi I learnt at school, from......when I was 3, English I learnt parallel to bengali.
So you can think in English, Bengali and Hindi?
rambapa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vysniuz)
I'm bilingual and tend to base the language I think about around either my mood or environment. If not then I sometimes do this odd thing where I alternate the languages back and forth in my mind so my mind has each word in a different language.
Wouldn't you just think in your stronger language?
fandom-queen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So you can think in English, Bengali and Hindi?
No, just english. English is the language I always read and write in, as well, even though I speak in Bengali and hindi at home and with many friends. Thus, I think i'm more exposed to the language and thus, subconsciously think in it, as well.
Kürbiskern
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you live in the country of your second language, you often tend to think mostly in your native language, but often mix it with words, phrases and grammar constructs of the second. Also if you spend the whole day talking in the second language you often just come home and think for the first hour or so in language #2 before switching back to language #1
Vysniuz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wouldn't you just think in your stronger language?
Because I don't have a stronger language, as far as I'm concerned they both stand on an equal level in my mind.
rambapa
Rep:
?
No, just english. English is the language I always read and write in, as well, even though I speak in Bengali and hindi at home and with many friends. Thus, I think i'm more exposed to the language and thus, subconsciously think in it, as well.
But can you make yourself think in Bengali and Hindi?
Alexion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ohmygod he's still going
Mieka
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends on my mood if I'm angry or annoyed I think purely in Dutch and if I'm tired I tend to blur the two and get really confused.
rambapa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mieka)
It depends on my mood if I'm angry or annoyed I think purely in Dutch and if I'm tired I tend to blur the two and get really confused.
What languages can you think in?
rayestar
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I speak and think in 2 languages
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (27)
11.44%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.17%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.97%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.39%
No (170)
72.03%

Watched Threads