Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Podiatry 2017 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiiii

I couldn't seem to find a threat for 2017 Podiatry so I thought I'd start one

applied as soon as UCAS opened & I have an interview for November 9th at New College Durham.

Can't wait :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Would love to hear from other applicants and just wondering what people are looking at for relevant news?

Xx

ReputationRep:
    I've started applying to Northampton. Look at NHS constitution 6Cs

ReputationRep:
    Great, good luck with your application!

Yeah I'm already revising those, thanks
    I've just finished shadowing a podiatrist in a private practice so I'm now trying to get some experience in the NHS but struggling x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else applying to Northampton? I am starting my personal statement on Sunday

ReputationRep:
    Just an update: I have a place at Durham to start in September!! Over the moon is an understatement. I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muffinpuffin89)
    Just an update: I have a place at Durham to start in September!! Over the moon is an understatement. I can't wait!

Aw brilliant! I am just waiting on my reference to be completed then sending it in.

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    I've got interviews at Durham, Huddersfield, BMet and Southampton, not heard from Glasgow yet. Has anyone else been to any of these interviews yet? What sort of questions do they ask? I'm so nervous aha.

ReputationRep:
    Durham is really relaxed. Try not to worry. There's nothing to try and trip you up. I can't remember what I was asked but they were quite basic questions. The written piece is just a few questions to answer. Make sure you look up the NHS values and can apply to them to podiatry, revise your 6 c's and think of a time when you've demonstrated each one. The tutors are lovely so try to relax and let your personality come through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beforetheworst)
    I've got interviews at Durham, Huddersfield, BMet and Southampton, not heard from Glasgow yet. Has anyone else been to any of these interviews yet? What sort of questions do they ask? I'm so nervous aha.
    Podiatry application threads seem to very light in terms of people posting this year compared to previous years. I'm waiting on Northampton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdoyle)
    Podiatry application threads seem to very light in terms of people posting this year compared to previous years. I'm waiting on Northampton
    I'm wondering if the change in funding has reduced applications?

ReputationRep:
    Hey fellow pod-a-bees! just received interview offers from Durham and Southampton - thrilled! Waiting to hear back from Brighton and Northampton.

I have also picked up on the lack of Podiatry threads for 2017. Maybe it is due to lack of funding this year? Though, if they receive the funny looks and "urgh"s that I do when talking podiatry ambitions I'm not surprised they are all on the quiet!

Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrTwinkleToes)
    Hey fellow pod-a-bees! just received interview offers from Durham and Southampton - thrilled! Waiting to hear back from Brighton and Northampton.

I have also picked up on the lack of Podiatry threads for 2017. Maybe it is due to lack of funding this year? Though, if they receive the funny looks and "urgh"s that I do when talking podiatry ambitions I'm not surprised they are all on the quiet!

Good luck guys!
    Hi!

Congrats on your interviews. Do you have any preferences yet?

Haha yes!! I know that look...usually followed by "...feet...really?!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrTwinkleToes)

Good luck guys!
    I already have a degree so am not sure if I am entitled to a further tuition fee loan. If I am not I calculated I will have to work (based on my current hours and wage) until 2022 to be able to go to Northampton!!!! Thing is I would wait....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdoyle)
    I already have a degree so am not sure if I am entitled to a further tuition fee loan. If I am not I calculated I will have to work (based on my current hours and wage) until 2022 to be able to go to Northampton!!!! Thing is I would wait....
    Bless you! Under the new rules you will be entitled to another set of loans for a second degree on an allied health course

ReputationRep:
    Bless you! Under the new rules you will be entitled to another set of loans for a second degree on an allied health course
    Are those rules just for England unis and people residing in England who have a degree already? Its just I am from Northern Ireland and will be applying to Student Finance NI- haven't heard anything from them yet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are for England, sorry I didn't realise... I hope it works out for you. It's awful that they've kept people hanging for so long regarding funding!

ReputationRep:
    Durham is really relaxed. Try not to worry. There's nothing to try and trip you up. I can't remember what I was asked but they were quite basic questions. The written piece is just a few questions to answer. Make sure you look up the NHS values and can apply to them to podiatry, revise your 6 c's and think of a time when you've demonstrated each one. The tutors are lovely so try to relax and let your personality come through
    Thanks for the help! Are the NHS value and 6C's the same thing? I've learnt about the 6 values- working together, respect and dignity, commitment to quality of care, compassion, improving lives an everyone counts but is there anything else I have to learn in regards to the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beforetheworst)
    Thanks for the help! Are the NHS value and 6C's the same thing? I've learnt about the 6 values- working together, respect and dignity, commitment to quality of care, compassion, improving lives an everyone counts but is there anything else I have to learn in regards to the NHS?

The 6 c's are different to the NHS values but something most NHS recreuiters look for. Compassion, Commitment, Communication, care, competence and courage x

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I got invitation from Southampton, UEL and also BMET but am really nervous about the UEL math and English test. Anyone have any experiences with the interview or test before. How shall we prepare?

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.