The Student Room Group

GCSE Additional Science Coursework (ISA) - HELP

I have started my additional science coursework this week. I have filled in my candidate research notes and now I'm trying to prepare for my paper 1 which I have tomorrow. This is very important as the overall coursework is worth 25% of my final grade and as someone who is doing a foundation biology, chemistry and physics paper getting an B or above is vital. Does anyone have any advice or tips?
What is your isa on and do you need help with paper 2?
Reply 2
Original post by Thelabtatpast
What is your isa on and do you need help with paper 2?

My isa is on the colour of light effecting how much a plant will photosynthesis. I think my first paper went alright but the second paper is where I will be needing help ( I know this from last year as this is where I lost marks) so anything you can tell me will be a HUGE help.
Original post by Madi_May
My isa is on the colour of light effecting how much a plant will photosynthesis. I think my first paper went alright but the second paper is where I will be needing help ( I know this from last year as this is where I lost marks) so anything you can tell me will be a HUGE help.

The paper is mainly about referring to your results and whether they matched the hypothesis or not and using data.in lots of questions you should use your data as it gets you extra marks. There is always a 4 mark graph.so you will have to make sure you know the measurements and the independent and dependent variables when drawing the graph and also remember to use units and a title. You will need to know what resolution means as it sometimes comes up and know how to compare sets of data effectively using evidence.if. You want to know the layout of the paper go on the aqa website and view specimen papers for ISAs and see what questions tend to come up in the exam.I did this effectively and got an A so it does work,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending