hpblcparaboloid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Last school year I asked to be entered to do the IGCSE Afrikaans exam, which runs in the November exam period. Today was supposed to be the reading and writing exam.

Two weeks ago I got an email from the head of languages at my school asking me to confirm that I wanted to be entered because it's not in the summer like they thought, and I said yes and they added me on the list.

Today when I asked where I should go they were surprised cos they thought it was in November. But the exam timetable on CIE's website clearly states that one of the exams is on 4th October and the other on the 7th.

The head of languages told me that they were sure it's in November but the exam timetable says it was today??? So have I missed my exam??
hpblcparaboloid
Rep:
?
Conclusion, yes, I did miss it. That's because they forgot to enter me.

they forgot

to enter me

into my exam
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AnnemarieV)
Conclusion, yes, I did miss it. That's because they forgot to enter me.

they forgot

to enter me

into my exam
Sorry to hear that. Will you make an official complaint via your parents? They should be very embarrassed.
hpblcparaboloid
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Sorry to hear that. Will you make an official complaint via your parents? They should be very embarrassed.
nah its not that important. im doing a levels now anyway and they sadi i can jsut do it next year
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AnnemarieV)
nah its not that important. im doing a levels now anyway and they sadi i can jsut do it next year
Well it's better that way than missing the exam due to your own fault.

Take it on the chin and dont get wound up by it.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(as an exams officer) I was nearly caught out bu this last year - we think of the Autumn exams as being in November but actually CIE starts in October and their entry deadlines are much earlier than domestic exam boards. Next year I suggest you make sure it's all soretd in priniple in July. (There are 2 options for CIE Afrikaans, with and without a speaking exam so they need to work out what's possible andpick the right one).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.09%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
21.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed