I can't do this anymore

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, well I'm just gonna cut to the chase. My gran has Dementia, if you don't know what that is it's basically memory loss. Another day goes by, more of her memory she forgets. You see, me and my gran used to have a good relationship, I always looked up to her when I was a kid. But ever since she's had this, she has become aggressive, rude. She used to start on me from time to time, always me and not my siblings. It got to the point that I stopped sleeping beside her. She used to always start fights and I stayed silent but sometimes I would snap when I had enough.

Recently, she's been calling me another man's daughter, which I of course know it's not true but it hurts. She's only forgotten me, no one else. Now, she starts on me every single day. I'm stressed as it is with school work and I'm supposed to be starting my period soon too and with her always starting a fight with me is making me feel so horrible. Today, she fought with me again and it's over the stupidest things, and I said something I shouldn't have. She luckily didn't hear but my dad did and he had a go at me. I know what I said was wrong but can you blame me?

There's only so much I can take in, I'm human too. I don't know what to do. I'm so upset because I can feel the love I have for her decreasing every day. Now, when she's in a neutral mood and she's forgotten what she's said to me, she comes to me being nice (ish) and obviously I haven't forgotten, so I just don't speak to her when she speaks to me. (It's better than shouting). I just, I'm so done. And I know I should be more understanding, but I've been dealing with this for five years. If I ever talk about I always get the blame by my parents. I know that could be me in the future, but ugh I just don't know. I don't even know what's the point of writing all this. I just need to vent. Sorry for wasting your time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm extremely out of my depth with this subject too, sorry. But I just want you to know, your parents are probably stressed out with the situation too and may be why they can't seem to understand your point of view and I hope things get better for you and your family. All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlynm)
    I'm extremely out of my depth with this subject too, sorry. But I just want you to know, your parents are probably stressed out with the situation too and may be why they can't seem to understand your point of view and I hope things get better for you and your family. All the best!
    Thank you<3

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you seem to be going through this. My Mum used to work in a dementia unit so I know how they can act. I hope things improve for you soon <3

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.