neuroash
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello guys!!!
So I'm in a real dilemma and I really need some advice . So basically I didn't do well in my a levels, I got ACC, A in psychology and C's in biology and chemistry. My predicted grades were A*BB, which means I got into clearing basically .i honestly still don't understand my grades to this day, biology I understand but chemistry and psychology were such a disappointment honestly 😭😭😭😭

So now I'm studying psychology with cognitive Neuroscience at Goldsmiths University!

The things is I am soooo interested and always wanted to study Neuroscience 😭😭😭😭😭😭. Like in serious, like have you ever been passionate about anything and just put all your heart into it . I don't find psychology by itself as interesting as Neuroscience but I still do find it interesting. I just want more biological aspects in my course but goldsmiths is not as scientific as other universities.

So basically my question are;
-what can psychology with cognitive Neuroscience lead on to ? In terms of what jobs can I look into with just this undergraduate degree by itself ?

Also more importantly, what postgraduate courses are available for me for psychology with cognitive neuroscience? Like is there a way for me to ultimately study neuroscience as a masters ? Can someone please list them all cuz I seriously have searched and can't find any

Also I want to do my masters in a much higher ranking university like UCL/ kings college and even queen Mary would be great ! If I get really good like a 2.1 do u think this is possible?

And last question you guys and the most perplexing for me is
- should I drop out of uni and take a gap year where I resist my exams and apply next year for Neuroscience OR shall I continuing studying psychology with Neuroscience and get really good and apply to a high ranking university that has a masters in Neuroscience from psychology with cognitive neuroscience?
This is my main question
Sorry guys this is such a mouthful !
neuroash
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
[QUOTE=neuroash;67890550]Hello guys!!!
So I'm in a real dilemma and I really need some advice . So basically I didn't do well in my a levels, I got ACC, A in psychology and C's in biology and chemistry. My predicted grades were A*BB, which means I got into clearing basically .i honestly still don't understand my grades to this day, biology I understand but chemistry and psychology were such a disappointment honestly 😭😭😭😭

So now I'm studying psychology with cognitive Neuroscience at Goldsmiths University!

The things is I am soooo interested and always wanted to study Neuroscience 😭😭😭😭😭😭. Like in serious, like have you ever been passionate about anything and just put all your heart into it . I don't find psychology by itself as interesting as Neuroscience but I still do find it interesting. I just want more biological aspects in my course but goldsmiths is not as scientific as other universities.

So basically my question are;
-what can psychology with cognitive Neuroscience lead on to ? In terms of what jobs can I look into with just this undergraduate degree by itself ?

Also more importantly, what postgraduate courses are available for me for psychology with cognitive neuroscience? Like is there a way for me to ultimately study neuroscience as a masters ? Can someone please list them all cuz I seriously have searched and can't find any

Also I want to do my masters in a much higher ranking university like UCL/ kings college and even queen Mary would be great ! If I get really good like a 2.1 do u think this is possible?

And last question you guys and the most perplexing for me is
- should I drop out of uni and take a gap year where I resist my exams and apply next year for Neuroscience OR shall I continuing studying psychology with Neuroscience and get really good and apply to a high ranking university that has a masters in Neuroscience from psychology with cognitive neuroscience?

Which option do u guys think would get me a better job and like be better for me?
guys this is such a mouthful !
unaManzana
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've found a vacancy for a research assistant, starting salary is around 20 to 30k a year.

requirements is a Psychology degree.

on Google just do a search like "neuroscience Bsc vacancy"

here's the link to the vacancy I found
http://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk...aa77&from=serp

I am in quite a similar position to you.

I'm doing sport rehabilitation instead of physiotherapy, as I failed to get in for physio.

I'm now relying on masters to find a job after my education, as sport rehab doesn't open Many doors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (138)
61.88%
No I haven't decided yet (49)
21.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (36)
16.14%

Watched Threads