Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys!!!
    So I'm in a real dilemma and I really need some advice . So basically I didn't do well in my a levels, I got ACC, A in psychology and C's in biology and chemistry. My predicted grades were A*BB, which means I got into clearing basically .i honestly still don't understand my grades to this day, biology I understand but chemistry and psychology were such a disappointment honestly 😭😭😭😭

So now I'm studying psychology with cognitive Neuroscience at Goldsmiths University!

The things is I am soooo interested and always wanted to study Neuroscience 😭😭😭😭😭😭. Like in serious, like have you ever been passionate about anything and just put all your heart into it . I don't find psychology by itself as interesting as Neuroscience but I still do find it interesting. I just want more biological aspects in my course but goldsmiths is not as scientific as other universities.

So basically my question are;
    -what can psychology with cognitive Neuroscience lead on to ? In terms of what jobs can I look into with just this undergraduate degree by itself ?

Also more importantly, what postgraduate courses are available for me for psychology with cognitive neuroscience? Like is there a way for me to ultimately study neuroscience as a masters ? Can someone please list them all cuz I seriously have searched and can't find any

Also I want to do my masters in a much higher ranking university like UCL/ kings college and even queen Mary would be great ! If I get really good like a 2.1 do u think this is possible?

And last question you guys and the most perplexing for me is
    - should I drop out of uni and take a gap year where I resist my exams and apply next year for Neuroscience OR shall I continuing studying psychology with Neuroscience and get really good and apply to a high ranking university that has a masters in Neuroscience from psychology with cognitive neuroscience?
    This is my main question
    Sorry guys this is such a mouthful !

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=neuroash;67890550]Hello guys!!!
    So I'm in a real dilemma and I really need some advice . So basically I didn't do well in my a levels, I got ACC, A in psychology and C's in biology and chemistry. My predicted grades were A*BB, which means I got into clearing basically .i honestly still don't understand my grades to this day, biology I understand but chemistry and psychology were such a disappointment honestly 😭😭😭😭

So now I'm studying psychology with cognitive Neuroscience at Goldsmiths University!

The things is I am soooo interested and always wanted to study Neuroscience 😭😭😭😭😭😭. Like in serious, like have you ever been passionate about anything and just put all your heart into it . I don't find psychology by itself as interesting as Neuroscience but I still do find it interesting. I just want more biological aspects in my course but goldsmiths is not as scientific as other universities.

So basically my question are;
    -what can psychology with cognitive Neuroscience lead on to ? In terms of what jobs can I look into with just this undergraduate degree by itself ?

Also more importantly, what postgraduate courses are available for me for psychology with cognitive neuroscience? Like is there a way for me to ultimately study neuroscience as a masters ? Can someone please list them all cuz I seriously have searched and can't find any

Also I want to do my masters in a much higher ranking university like UCL/ kings college and even queen Mary would be great ! If I get really good like a 2.1 do u think this is possible?

And last question you guys and the most perplexing for me is
    - should I drop out of uni and take a gap year where I resist my exams and apply next year for Neuroscience OR shall I continuing studying psychology with Neuroscience and get really good and apply to a high ranking university that has a masters in Neuroscience from psychology with cognitive neuroscience?

Which option do u guys think would get me a better job and like be better for me?
    guys this is such a mouthful !

ReputationRep:
    I've found a vacancy for a research assistant, starting salary is around 20 to 30k a year.

requirements is a Psychology degree.

on Google just do a search like "neuroscience Bsc vacancy"

here's the link to the vacancy I found
    http://www.indeed.co.uk/m/viewjob?jk...aa77&from=serp

I am in quite a similar position to you.

I'm doing sport rehabilitation instead of physiotherapy, as I failed to get in for physio.

I'm now relying on masters to find a job after my education, as sport rehab doesn't open Many doors.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.