Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

I'm anxious about shared bathroom

ReputationRep:
    I found my sister's diary and she wrote about uni a lot, especially bathrooms. She wrote that sharing it with 5 other people was an absolute nightmare. She had only a few minutes to take a dump and shower, while a biggilion people was knocking asking if she's done. Also, the scent was unbearable, according to her. Is it always like this in shared bathrooms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosesAreRed1)
    I found my sister's diary and she wrote about uni a lot, especially bathrooms. She wrote that sharing it with 5 other people was an absolute nightmare. She had only a few minutes to take a dump and shower, while a biggilion people was knocking asking if she's done. Also, the scent was unbearable, according to her. Is it always like this in shared bathrooms?

ReputationRep:
    I woke up at 5am customarily and used the bathroom before anyone else to avoid superfluous delays.
    It depends on the people you are living with, but I can relate to what your sister reported. A lot of University students are unclean, lazy and irresponsible...especially first year students!
    Brace yourself!

ReputationRep:
    it's not always like that at all... whether or not the toilet is kept clean depends on your flatmates, some people will happily chuck some bleach in regularly and other will puke everywhere after a night out and not clean up... but the majority fo people I know haven't had any major issues at all, remember everyone has to use the toilet so it's not in their interests for it to be gross either

as for timings... with 5 people it really shouldn't be an issue, you work out schedules to work around each other pretty quickly and if there's a rush in the morning just switch to evening showers - it's no big deal

I didn't have any issue sharing the bathroom except for who bought what toilet paper... which was easily solved by buying my own

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.