Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi could someone please help me???
    I am currently doing my A levels and am in my final year. I re-took year 12 after not having done so well. I am taking the new linear A levels and I really want to get into medicine for 2017 entry. I took the UKCAT recently and I didn't do very well and got a very low score. I am really disappointed and really felt like I could have done better. I got as follows:
    VR: 530 QR: 410 AR: 560 SJT: Band 3 (For this year Decision Analysis was being piloted, so I didn't get a score for that) I have brilliant GCSE results (A*s and As) and I have lots of work experience. I am really worried and don't know what to do. I know most unis wont accept me with this ukcat score. Do you know of any that don't require the UKCAT? Or any where else that I could apply and would have a chance? Any advice that you could give me would be greatly appreciated!!Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    What are your GCSE grades? Unless you have 8+ A*s then I doubt you will get into any UKCAT university apart from Bristol. You need to take the BMAT to stand a chance this year

ReputationRep:
    I am an intenrational applicant and my UKCAT score isn't that good
    VR-530
    QR-640
    AR-440
    SJT- band 2
    GCSEs- 9a* 1a
    A level- 2a* 2a
    I am thinking of Bristol, Birmingham, liverpool and nottingham. Not sure though. Any idea if it would be wise enough to apply for aberdeen? How does liverpool use the ukcat. I've also heard about QUB. Does QUB need a high UKCAT score?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

My ukcat scores are
    VR 480
    DM 640
    QR 770
    AR 590
    SJT band 2

Grade 10 GPA 10/10
    Grade 11 IB score 38/42
    Grade 12 IB predicts 40/45

Can anyone suggest me which universities can I apply for medicine. Appreciate your assistance.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, please is this a good UKCAT score?
    VR 530
    DM 650
    QR 670
    AR 670
    SJT band 2

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.