Do you care about what other people think of your relationship?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't care so much. I just hate overhearing people talking about us. I would prefer if they said whatever needs to be said to my face. I only experienced this happening recently because word somehow got out. My boyfriend worries that people will ask what I'm doing with him. I don't know why this bothers him along as I find him attractive thats all that matters to me

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    No
    Me and food = one

ReputationRep:
    not at all ^-^
    if they disapprove I couldn't care less, I'm gonna be with her for longer than them...

note: haven't heard anyone disapproving, everyone seems to think we're #goals :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    no as I'm not in one

ReputationRep:
    I don't care what other people think, they tend to take the p*** because he's a year older than me but it doesn't bother us at all. :3

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm used to hearing bad comments about my relationship. Heard it from day one from both those 'close' to us and outsiders. It's always for petty reasons such as my partner's looks and weight or for my health etc. Even get snide little remarks from strangers on the street sometimes but at the end of the day, we just laugh it off because we're happy and are advancing through our relationship and continuing to grow together after nearly eight years and getting married while those people are just being bitter and immature. As long as me and my partner are happy and that our close family support us, which they do, I couldn't give a hoot about what anyone else says

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Just ignore other people. If you're happy just enjoy it. Them having issues with it is their problem, not yours.

I had quite a bit of judgement about my relationship and had people say that they thought I had cheated or had a back up guy waiting in the wings or he was a rebound. The list goes on and on. The truth is that I just met someone new really fast by chance and it happened to be the right person for me. I've never felt threatened or upset by the suggestions that others have made and set them straight (whether they believe me or not is their decision) because I've made the right decisions for me and we are very happy.

You make the right decisions for you and make yourself happy because it's YOU who has to live with the choices you make.

ReputationRep:
    I've never really had this where I've heard someone bad mouthing my girl but if they did I don't think I would really care. I would obviously stick up for her and if someone took it too far I would probably have a chat with them. But why care if your happy

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.