The Student Room Group

How many hours should an A-level student work in a week?

I'm at college doing BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering and A-level Product Design and want to get a job in a local pub restaurant.

I heard 4 hours was good but it doesn't seem many hours to a) earn much pocket money b) get a part time job because the hours are too small.

How many hours would you suggest I work?
We're suggested 4-5 hours a night, but I think if the job is a priority to you, then probably 2-3 hours of efficient work.
Original post by hxfsxh
We're suggested 4-5 hours a night, but I think if the job is a priority to you, then probably 2-3 hours of efficient work.

I want to work Saturdays maybe a few hours on Sunday and Friday or some peak midweek times.
Original post by Matt_Taylor14
I want to work Saturdays maybe a few hours on Sunday and Friday or some peak midweek times.

Yeah, I think you could defo work quite a bit on the weekend which frees the week days for college.
Original post by Matt_Taylor14
I'm at college doing BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering and A-level Product Design and want to get a job in a local pub restaurant.

I heard 4 hours was good but it doesn't seem many hours to a) earn much pocket money b) get a part time job because the hours are too small.

How many hours would you suggest I work?

Theres no set amount or anything, its up to you really and how much you think you can manage. I know i did 15-20 hours a week all through both 6th form and college, but i know others who didnt have jobs.
Go with however many hours you think you can cope with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending