Worried about JSA

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Me again.
    I'm still so worried about signing on as it's tomorrow. My friend just informed me I have too go everyday of the week? But my mother said it would only be once every two weeks. I'm so confused and concerned as I don't have bus fare money too go that regularly and don't want too have too borrow money off my dad. I'm so worried, please someone help!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    You have no choice but to go to ensure you do get signed on. You should definitely set a decent amount aside for travel expenses, as you'll need it going to interviews too. I know money might be tight, but you need to make sure you stay on budget for the time being. I hope it all works out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie3241)
    Hey guys! Me again.
    I'm still so worried about signing on as it's tomorrow. My friend just informed me I have too go everyday of the week? But my mother said it would only be once every two weeks. I'm so confused and concerned as I don't have bus fare money too go that regularly and don't want too have too borrow money off my dad. I'm so worried, please someone help!
    Thank you
    nah mate it's once every fortnight listen to your mum on this one.

You also gotta pay attention to your conditions which no one else is to be more aware of than you

but I believe the general thing is fortnightly
    if I'm wrong meet me at witton railway and shoot me for it

ReputationRep:
    It's been a very long time since I signed on but it was every couple of weeks when I was and my best mate signed on last year between jobs and it was still the same, can't imagine they'd have changed it to every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    nah mate it's once every fortnight listen to your mum on this one.

You also gotta pay attention to your conditions which no one else is to be more aware of than you

but I believe the general thing is fortnightly
    if I'm wrong meet me at witton railway and shoot me for it
    Thank you! Bit far for me too go. What conditions BTW?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S1939)
    You have no choice but to go to ensure you do get signed on. You should definitely set a decent amount aside for travel expenses, as you'll need it going to interviews too. I know money might be tight, but you need to make sure you stay on budget for the time being. I hope it all works out!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Bit far for me too go. What conditions BTW?
    conditions like your personal situation, contract what it says according to your work scheme, like your specific situation, sanctions and that, if you have any...they could be asking you yourself to go everyday for whatever reason. So I dont wanna say its never everyday because that might be your situation that they need you to come more often. If it is you should know. However as far as I know generally it's fortnightly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    conditions like your personal situation, contract what it says according to your work scheme, like your specific situation, sanctions and that, if you have any...they could be asking you yourself to go everyday for whatever reason. So I dont wanna say its never everyday because that might be your situation that they need you to come more often. If it is you should know. However as far as I know generally it's fortnightly...
    I can't see a reason why I'd have too go in everyday, I'm perfectly normal and stuff? I'll see what they say on the interview. Thank you for your help

its not everyday, thats all i know

how on earth would anyone be able to do that? just cos they are unemployed doesn't mean they don't have other things to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    its not everyday, thats all i know

how on earth would anyone be able to do that? just cos they are unemployed doesn't mean they don't have other things to do
    I know right? I thought that. My friends all like, okay don't believe me.. But how can I? Surely it can't be true.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see a reason why I'd have too go in everyday, I'm perfectly normal and stuff? I'll see what they say on the interview. Thank you for your help
    yea np your mate mighta been taking the piss....but def ask about it when you go in. Make that **** clear cuz if you dont sign on I'm sure you know you wont get **** for months...

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of some people having to go in everyday. But if that's the case, they'd tell you. But for the majority, it's every 2 weeks.

Either way, the person you see will tell you when you sign on.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it'll be everyday, it'll be 2 weeks.

Hey guys! Me again.
    Thank you
    Once a fortnight, unless they say otherwise.
    If its your first time then you will have a bit of form filling.
    Nothing to worry about.

Your friends are just winding you up or ignorant, Soemtimes they cna make you go in weekly but not for a new claimant. Its really every fortnight unless its exceptional and you havent been complying or filling out your form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Your friends are just winding you up or ignorant, Soemtimes they cna make you go in weekly but not for a new claimant. Its really every fortnight unless its exceptional and you havent been complying or filling out your form.
    She must be! Well I hope so lol, thank you so much for your help

ReputationRep:
    You only sign on once every 2 weeks. Once a month during christmas, easter and Summer holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.