Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Getting over finishing uni

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one, or is leaving uni one of the worst experiences I've faced so far?

So after 3 years of... admittedly partying, mediocre job prospects and all my new and old friends spread all over the country, any tips that can be given with dealing with it?

ReputationRep:
    Stay in touch with old friends, make new ones, keep up with hobbies and interests and throw yourself into your new life.

ReputationRep:
    Look forward to what's to come, rather than wistfully backwards at what you feel you've lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Am I the only one, or is leaving uni one of the worst experiences I've faced so far?

So after 3 years of... admittedly partying, mediocre job prospects and all my new and old friends spread all over the country, any tips that can be given with dealing with it?
    Enjoy the lack of stress. But it does suck. Just get your dream job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretend it never happened and go back to college to study something new. At least that's my way of dealing with it. I'm back in college doing a HNC in a completely different field and I'm loving every second of it.*

ReputationRep:
    Depending on what you studied, I could give you some more information about what it is that I do as a job (working for myself) whilst im at university!

ReputationRep:
    Don't go to London Met

ReputationRep:
    I know, it was sad for me too. really loved the experience of uni, despite all the expenses it really is one of the best experiences that i wish everyone would get the chance to experience. its nothing like school or college, the atmosphere is great, the people are more mature, everyone seems happy and you are treated like an adult. uni finished too quickly for me too, almost felt tempted to go again to get another degree but i had to start working

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.