The Student Room Group

I'm 17 and never had a boyfriend

I haven't even got my first kiss yet, I feel so ugly😔. I feel that I'm never going to meet anyone and I'm going to be single and lonely for the rest of my life. I've tried dating sites but all I get is 40 year old perverts messaging me and guys that copy and paste the same message to every girl. I just want a boyfriend who finds me beautiful.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Limaa.x17
I haven't even got my first kiss yet, I feel so ugly😔. I feel that I'm never going to meet anyone and I'm going to be single and lonely for the rest of my life. I've tried dating sites but all I get is 40 year old perverts messaging me and guys that copy and paste the same message to every girl. I just want a boyfriend who finds me beautiful.

40 year old perverts don't tend to send messages to people they don't find beautiful :wink:
Patience is key :h: Work on yourself and your own goals and focus less on finding a boyfriend and the right person will come. You must love yourself before anybody can love you :smile:

You're young, it's very early in your life to have a relationship that lasts, everyone is having fun and waiting to go to uni. I personally would wait till you are settled, perhaps at uni, got good bunch of friends and find someone there. Concentrate on your studies first, that's what I regret not doing whilst being in my long term relationship of two years that ended this year.
Reply 4
Chill out, relax, you're only 17.

Just wait.
I am 18 and never had one either. Yes, it can get a little sad at times but you need to focus on more important things than getting a boyfriend right now.

I understand. I'm a 17 year old boy. Think I'm giong to be alone for my entire life. No gf or girls who actaully notice me. I'm probably the ugliest little ********** in the universe.
I'm 18 and never had a girlfriend, it's really not a problem. Just keep getting on with life and someone will show up where you least expect it :smile:
Reply 8
You're 17, not 70. Calm down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Mvine001
I understand. I'm a 17 year old boy. Think I'm giong to be alone for my entire life. No gf or girls who actaully notice me. I'm probably the ugliest little ********** in the universe.

You sound like me a year ago. You'll get there kid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
You sound like me a year ago. You'll get there kid

Posted from TSR Mobile

When, that's the problem.
People need to take a chill pill. The only reason why y'all complaining is because you ain't getting out there - being active by talking to REAL people outside of the internet. If you want one, then go and get one. It's not hard - turn your computer off and start interacting with people at school, social gatherings, church whatever. You are going to uni in about 9 months - start working on being a social person rather than sulking on the internet for not getting any results.
Original post by BigMan Ting
People need to take a chill pill. The only reason why y'all complaining is because you ain't getting out there - being active by talking to REAL people outside of the internet. If you want one, then go and get one. It's not hard - turn your computer off and start interacting with people at school, social gatherings, church whatever. You are going to uni in about 9 months - start working on being a social person rather than sulking on the internet for not getting any results.

I am in most of he music clubs at school, I do karate on Mondays as well as charity things. Shut up about sulking on the internet, you idiot.
Original post by Mvine001
I am in most of he music clubs at school, I do karate on Mondays as well as charity things. Shut up about sulking on the internet, you idiot.

Lol what do you want? Sympathy or the truth? If you want something then go out and get it. You say you do all these things but still can't get a girlfriend. Whats the problem? Have you not even asked them if they are available to hang out???

Like seriously gtfo - man up and do the ting. if you cant then dont look at anyone else for not being the problem but yourself for not having the guts to ask. If you fail keep doing it and at one point youll meet the one whos the right one for you. Good luck
you're a girl. Put make up on go outside and smile at people. I guarantee you someone will approach you

Same here!
Never been kissed.
Never had a boyfriend.
I interact with both boys and girls at school and all but like no boy has ever been interested enough to ask me out. Sigh.
On the flip side, when I'm out and about minding my own business, men, mostly in their 20s come up to me and start chatting me up. Like I want your number chatting me up.
But at school..no such thing. It confuses me.
Honestly though, I'm hopefully going to Uni next year (Dear Unis please give a hopeful an offer pleaseee)
Going to Uni next year means two things
1) I have study like I've never studied before this year. so no time to start worry about romance. like. no time.
2) Uni means loadsss of new people, new friends and new opportunities for romancee (yayy)

Just keep that in mind.
Original post by BigMan Ting
Lol what do you want? Sympathy or the truth? If you want something then go out and get it. You say you do all these things but still can't get a girlfriend. Whats the problem? Have you not even asked them if they are available to hang out???

Like seriously gtfo - man up and do the ting. if you cant then dont look at anyone else for not being the problem but yourself for not having the guts to ask. If you fail keep doing it and at one point youll meet the one whos the right one for you. Good luck

I think the problem is that I fear screwing something up. That's why I don't ask girls out. I hate being overly emotional, but that's the way I am. ;(
Hilarious and original.

I felt in the same way when I had your age (I'm 20), I understand the way you feel and It really sucks... but I want to tell you sth, you wont be single and lonely for the rest of your life, you will find a guy who fall in love with you, and not only for your appareance... Listen the song who you are by Jessie J.
17 is very early days :wink: Im sure they are tons of others like you, dont feel alone