The Student Room Group

Withdrawn from uni after two weeks - What about my maintenance loan?

I have dropped out of uni after two weeks, for my own personal reasons.The last day that I attended classes was on the 27th of September and I left my accommodation yesterday, 4th of October.I have received the first payment of my maintenance loan and was wondering whether I'd be asked to pay it all back straight away or whether I'd be able to pay it back in instalments over a period of time.
Thank you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bikewheel
I have dropped out of uni after two weeks, for my own personal reasons.The last day that I attended classes was on the 27th of September and I left my accommodation yesterday, 4th of October.I have received the first payment of my maintenance loan and was wondering whether I'd be asked to pay it all back straight away or whether I'd be able to pay it back in instalments over a period of time.
Thank you

Are you in a position to pay it back immediately? If not, then SL can only accept reasonable instalments, though they'd probably want to know how you'd managed to spend the entire instalment in a fortnight. Personally, if I were in a position to be able to repay it now I would, rather than having some debt hanging around being repaid at a measly rate for months and months to come (financial benefits of a low/zero rate effective 'loan' aside).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending