Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Reapplying to the same firm Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm planning to reapply to firms that have rejected me in the past. Most of these firms recycle their questions, and I'm mostly concerned with the "Why law" question. Should I repeat the answer from the year before? Won't it be suspicious if a candidate's motivation change within a year?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    More importantly, why were you rejected from them in the first place? If the reasons for the rejection haven't fundamentally changed, then you're wasting your time reapplying to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    More importantly, why were you rejected from them in the first place? If the reasons for the rejection haven't fundamentally changed, then you're wasting your time reapplying to them.
    I was rejected right after the online application stage, and most firms don't give feedback at that point.
    • Very Important Poster

Soem firms have a policy on reapplications.

If you are going to use the same answers of an application that failed, then think whether you are doing yourself any favours. Its fine if its changed, but it should be credible. the reasons for rejection could be many things like academics as well as your answers or experience being poor. Identify where you think the issues are and improve them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If you are reapplying to a firm, were rejected at the application stage and submitting the same responses, it is practically guaranteed you will be unsuccessful again.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you are not getting rejected just for your "academic criteria".

I mistakenly applied to firms which advertised AAA as a criteria more than on time!

If you are sure it's not the academic criteria, then I would suggest trying to improve your application as much as possible, and checking beforehand what is their policy on reapplying.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to a MC firm, got rejected at application so applied the next year and got a TC offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O'Doyle Rules)
    I applied to a MC firm, got rejected at application so applied the next year and got a TC offer
    how much did your second application differ?

Also, did you have very strong academics to begin with?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.