Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have my personal statement from last year which got me 5 offers. I just made most of it past tense and added that I work at another store explaining I want to save up money and do some resits. I'm above my word limit by a bit but I don't know if there is anything else I need to write in my personal statement in order to get any offers. Is there anything else that I need to mention in my personal statement since i'm currently on my gap year other than i'm currently working and want to do some resits?
    Would really appreciate some advice
    Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Is there nothing you've done in your gap year that adds to your application in terms of skills gained or interest in the subject? I'd rewrite most of it anyway to give it a freshening up and so that it doesn't look like you've basically done no work on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Is there nothing you've done in your gap year that adds to your application in terms of skills gained or interest in the subject? I'd rewrite most of it anyway to give it a freshening up and so that it doesn't look like you've basically done no work on it.
    I have read an interesting book related to my subject and preparing to make a project however I won't be able to finish it before i send it off sadly. I am also considering rewriting the whole PS but I feel like I won't be able to write something as good as I did last year:/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you aren't applying to Oxbridge you have till January 15th so what's the rush?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Assuming you aren't applying to Oxbridge you have till January 15th so what's the rush?
    I would like to send off my personal statement before the end of October/start of November because I just don't like the stress it gives me. I keep getting distracted when I study too which is a pain since not much work gets done.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    That's really up to you but generally I suggest you make it the best you possibly can which means waiting till you've finished what you need to do to make it so i.e reading what you need to and going through several draft stages. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.