Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polthegael)
    I'm not in the slightest bit worried as I did my exams last year
    :P!

Haha, actually I am not really that worried, i am more excited! I really want to know how i did, but i guess I am not under all the pressure to do brilliantly like sum of you guys. 26th August is way more exciting than Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    Worried!! U gotta be jokin im so excited that i can hardly wait!!

ReputationRep:
    Getting more worried as results day approaches, but ah well. :rolleyes: We cannot do much about it now! I'm just preparing for the worst! (The worst I can do I think is BBC - :eek: but let's wait and see!)

PS. I need AAA

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm worried about my results I think some people are going just a little bit over the top.

It's not as if you are going to drop dead the moment you open the results and see you didn't get the grades. And if your family has any sense then they will still love you even if you do mess them up.

Remeber people still have quality of life without passing a single exam.

I was terrified about getting my GCSE results but that was because I'd never gone through an experience like that before. People who are getting their AS and A2 results should be familiar with the process by now, so that they only worry on the day and not months before.

ReputationRep:
    i'm definetly terrified and always feel a little sick when I think about A2 results as I'm definetly sure that I haven't got the grades to go to my firm choice Nottingham at which I would be gutted as Iv'e wanted to go there since stariing my AS levels. However, I do feel that I did as best as I could have done and did indeed work really hard, although that still doesn't mean that I'm genna get the 3 B's I need, probably a BCD or BBC at best!!

However, I also agree that these results aren't everything as long as you have your health!! good luck anyways to everyone come August 19th and 26th!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliefarley)
    I thought i would start a thread on people who are worried about results so we can share feelings. It makes me feel sick when thinking about my results. Maybe im worrying a little early. OK, this thread not really going anywhere but just chat about how ur feeling about results!!!
    ummmm...me!

ReputationRep:
    i am sooooooooooo scared! i feel so normal that people are worrying too. i don't think i can last 3 weeks and 3 days! it sounds too early for my liking!

i have never read harry potter before so i am going to try and keep myself occupied by reading all 5 of her books i have only read one so far!

i have ticking off the dates every morning. i am just praying to God that he gives me the grades i need!

i just hope i do not start to have a nervous breakdown! i know what i am like!

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous about my results, really really hope i have passed something!!!

ReputationRep:
    No matter how much i try NOT to be nervous, i always end up being nervous anyway. So there's no point in pretending i wont be sick with nerves!!!!!!

This is my method for reducing nerves, and also feeling VERY happy on results day:

What helps me a little bit, is thinking the worst of your exam results. Whats the worst you think you could possibly get. If you're an AS student like myself, then ask yourself how well did i do in my coursework and what was the percentage for each subject....
    then from there, figure out how many marks you needed to obtain an E (lowest pass).

Now, think how well you think you've done on each exam and estimate the lowest possible grade. Say, for example, in English, coursework was worth 25% and you acheived a c which would be around about 12%, now say the boundary for an E overall was 33%, youve only got another 21% to go out of a possible 75 to go to achieve a pass, and thats if u did extremely awful!! Lets say you think you did badly and u estimate yourself a D, but you're predicted a C. Now, if you expect a D , you wouldnt be too distraught, and you'd live with it. But if you got a see, this is above expectations and you'd be thrilled!!!!! Try it xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Very worried. I am supposed to get all As (GCSE) and I'm not sure that I will even get enough to do A levels next year basically becuase I couldn't be arsed.

However, I also agree that these results aren't everything as long as you have your health!!
    I fear that by August 26th, I will have neither :-)

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.