Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oooh, somebody's busted! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently browsing TSR on a display tablet in the electronics section at Sainsbury's and I heard somebody kicking off near the entrance, then saw a guy in a tracksuit being dragged by security into a staff area at the back of the store, and have just now seen police officers drag this guy out of the store! :rofl:

Has anybody else here ever seen anything like this happen before in any shop?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why are you using TSR on a display tablet in Sainsbury's :lol:

The struggle is real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Why are you using TSR on a display tablet in Sainsbury's :lol:

The struggle is real
    Because the tablets are awesome but I can't afford to buy one. :no:

Also, what do you mean by the struggle is real?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like they caught a shoplifter.

ReputationRep:
    The real story here is you browsing TSR on a display tablet in the electronics section at Sainsbury.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    The staff are politer than those in other supermarkets from my experience. :yes:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  Black_Labrador_Retriever_portrait.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  153.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should have gone to Tesco & bought a Hudl instead? They're pretty cheap!

ReputationRep:
    I work in a supermarket so a few times but we don't have security so a lot of shoplifters get away with it. When I'd just started there was a security guy in for the day checking our cameras etc. This woman came to my till and bought sugar then went to leave and he came running out and took her into the office. She had 3 home security cameras in her bag. She got caught stealing security cameras. :facepalm: the police were called and found out she had drugs on her too.

ReputationRep:
    I've met a few shoplifters. One of them ran into me once, and dropped all the stuff he'd stolen ^_^ He landed flat on his face too.... I think the guy got away in the end, but he didn't exactly do it in style.

ReputationRep:
    Pickpocketer in poundland.
    Another woman saw her going into someone's bag and shouted out.
    "That is my purse!" said the would be victim.
    Male store worker came over fairly quickly and took the thief to the back and called the police.

Oh well...I wonder what he stole?

From what I've seen lots of people shoplift the weirdest stuff, like I saw someone slip a tube of toothpaste into their bag once :erm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Granted it was a really expensive whitening brand but still....WHYYYYY?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tempest II)
    Maybe you should have gone to Tesco & bought a Hudl instead? They're pretty cheap!
    Plus when they fall apart after three days you can use the pieces to make a metal fort for ants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withdraw)
    I'm currently browsing TSR on a display tablet in the electronics section at Sainsbury's and I heard somebody kicking off near the entrance, then saw a guy in a tracksuit being dragged by security into a staff area at the back of the store, and have just now seen police officers drag this guy out of the store! :rofl:

Has anybody else here ever seen anything like this happen before in any shop?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.