Reapplying for funding

    • Thread Starter

    I've attended university twice for 1 term only both years (14/15 and 15/16). I'm looking to apply to university starting 2017 for a 3 year course. I've been advised from SFE that they will only fund me 2 years of this course. However I left my last course due to depression, however this was only disclosed to my Personal Tutor at the time (who is now on maternity leave). I was advised by SFE that if I received documentation from the university or a doctor, stating that I left on personal reasons and also attached a covering letter myself that I would receive funding for my next degree for the duration.

    My question is, is it sufficient enough evidence to supply just a letter from the university from my personal tutor, stating that I had made her aware of my depression etc, and also a covering letter from myself stating my problems. Or is this likely to be rejected?


    Compelling personal reasons are reviewed on a case by case basis and it is down to an assessors discretion whether they are awarded. Therefore I would advise you to send as much evidence as possible to support this.

    • Thread Starter

    I believe I was told that regardless that I would only receive 2 years funding for tuition fees, I would still be entitled to claim maintenance fees for the whole 3 years. Is this correct?

    Hi there.

    You will still receive a maintenance loan for all years, even those you are not entitled to fees.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2016
TSR Support Team
What are you?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.