The Student Room Group

How can a student who attained a pass degree get onto a master's course?

Hi guys,

I thought I'd see if there is anyone out there who can give me some advice with my predicament:

So I recently finished my undergraduate degree in Physics and attained a pass grade. As happy as I was to hear that I had achieved something from the degree I was not too happy with, I have found it incredibly difficult to find a graduate scheme or any job for that matter.

I thought the next logical step for me to take would be to look at doing a post graduate degree as this would not hinder my hard would in my undergraduate studies. Of course, I could not go back to doing Physics as I have lost all passion for this subject and I am ready to do something new. I have done a lot of research around the subjects and think the ideal route for me is to go into business, business management or even from an analytical standpoint. I have also thought about learning different programming languages such as SQL and (slightly off topic) JS and Java.

I am excited but equally frustrated that I cannot find a job and furthermore a master's degree that could work for me based on my current undergraduate attained level.

Does anyone know of any possible routes I could take in order to reach a masters degree preferably in the Business and finance sector?

If there is any further information that I can provide please do not hesitate to ask

David
Original post by David199
Hi guys,

I thought I'd see if there is anyone out there who can give me some advice with my predicament:

So I recently finished my undergraduate degree in Physics and attained a pass grade. As happy as I was to hear that I had achieved something from the degree I was not too happy with, I have found it incredibly difficult to find a graduate scheme or any job for that matter.

I thought the next logical step for me to take would be to look at doing a post graduate degree as this would not hinder my hard would in my undergraduate studies. Of course, I could not go back to doing Physics as I have lost all passion for this subject and I am ready to do something new. I have done a lot of research around the subjects and think the ideal route for me is to go into business, business management or even from an analytical standpoint. I have also thought about learning different programming languages such as SQL and (slightly off topic) JS and Java.

I am excited but equally frustrated that I cannot find a job and furthermore a master's degree that could work for me based on my current undergraduate attained level.

Does anyone know of any possible routes I could take in order to reach a masters degree preferably in the Business and finance sector?

If there is any further information that I can provide please do not hesitate to ask

David

I dont think you will find masters degrees that will take you based on just a pass. They nirmally require a 2:2 min and most require a 2:1. I dont think it would make that much difference to you either as a masters is just a masters. Only a few of them I think enhance your employability.

On an academic level you are not sound.

I would save myself the money and look into doing more professional and vocational qualifications. Unfortunately your degree is nit going to do you any favours and is more likely to hinder you. You will just need to start at the bottom and take baby steps back into employment by acquiring skills emploters are looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending