Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Life is so underwhelming Watch

Everything is underwhelming, nothing is exciting. What is the point.

Just started Uni- very underwhelming, just an extension of college but means you can p**sed everyday (if you can afford it).

Tried out for a sports team for the first time- found it incredibly underwhelming and boring, quit after 1 session.

Never get excited to meet friends anymore, going out anywhere is almost undoubtedly going to be underwhelming and I would rather just stay at home on my own.

I could go on but don't want to bore you, basically life is underwhelming, I have not experienced excitement for some time now.

ReputationRep:
    Completely agree tbh.

(Original post by stefano865)
    Completely agree tbh.
    Here is a internet hug, :grouphugs: Hopefully it isn't too underwhelming

ReputationRep:
    Your life is what you make of it

ReputationRep:
    What do you class as exciting and what are you actively doing to pursue exciting things?

Uni is just like college, going out with friends is boring. That sounds like you're just doing the same things, resulting in a stagnant life. And you tried for a sports team but didn't like it. How many other things have you tried for the first time?

Have you also considered seeing a doctor and getting professional advice?

(Original post by Hachik0)
    You're life is what you make of it
    I do the same thing which other people get excited about but still feel underwhelmed.

(Original post by Acsel)
    What do you class as exciting and what are you actively doing to pursue exciting things?

Uni is just like college, going out with friends is boring. That sounds like you're just doing the same things, resulting in a stagnant life. And you tried for a sports team but didn't like it. How many other things have you tried for the first time?

Have you also considered seeing a doctor and getting professional advice?
    Getting professional help is a bad idea in my eyes, just means you are marked more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Getting professional help is a bad idea in my eyes, just means you are marked more than anything.
    So you acknowledge there's an issue which needs dealing with but don't want professional help because of the stigma that comes with it?

From my experience there's really only 2 ways to get a good outcome. You either talk with someone who knows what the problem is or how to fix it or you have the willpower to deal with it yourself. Many people fail at the second. Surely getting help and getting better is more important than being unhealthy, just to avoid a mark on your record?

There's also no guarantee that things go that way. You can go for a consultation with a doctor just to see what they say. They basically can't do anything without your permission.

ReputationRep:
    Here is a internet hug, :grouphugs: Hopefully it isn't too underwhelming

:jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    I agree, sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Apologies on behalf of life for not matching and exceeding your expectations

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Apologies on behalf of life for not matching and exceeding your expectations
    Apologies for being born, I didn't ask to be here. I am here because of somebody elses wishes, yet I have to put up with the bu**sh*t and how underwhelming life is.

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for being born, I didn't ask to be here. I am here because of somebody elses wishes, yet I have to put up with the bu**sh*t and how underwhelming life is.
    Get over yourself. Thousands would give an Arm and leg to be in your position

(Original post by Acsel)
    So you acknowledge there's an issue which needs dealing with but don't want professional help because of the stigma that comes with it?

From my experience there's really only 2 ways to get a good outcome. You either talk with someone who knows what the problem is or how to fix it or you have the willpower to deal with it yourself. Many people fail at the second. Surely getting help and getting better is more important than being unhealthy, just to avoid a mark on your record?

There's also no guarantee that things go that way. You can go for a consultation with a doctor just to see what they say. They basically can't do anything without your permission.
    I can't past the feeling that you must be twisted a certain way to work in he mental health sector.

ReputationRep:
    totally agree its **** m8

Get over yourself. Thousands would give an Arm and leg to be in your position
    Generic response, expected that to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Generic response, expected that to be honest.
    Another underwhelming response, a part of an underwhelming life

ReputationRep:
    Apologies on behalf of lifefor not matching and exceeding your expectations

Life is an awe-inspiring miracle. Living is incredibly overrated.

Another underwhelming response, a part of an underwhelming life
    Another underwhelming human, what a surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    You're life is what you make of it

Here ya go.

http://www.experienceproject.com/sto...ressed/1740024

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.