Childcare Grant for Partner

    • Thread Starter

    My partner is a full-time UG student and he is currently looking after our baby during the day as he doesn't work, but that will be changing as we are looking for childcare so he can have more study time. He wants to apply for the childcare grant but I wanted to find out if he can still apply if the evidence we want to send, the child benefit letter (we don't receive any other benefits) is in my name. Or does he need to be directly claiming the child benefit?


    Your partner must be named on the child benefit letter.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.