The Student Room Group

English Revision

How does everyone revise for english literature? I was going to just make a list of quotes and then remember subject terminology and effect

And for language just learn how to recognise the effect and subject terminology as that's what I seem to struggle the most on

Do you guys think this will be effective
Original post by samaad1
How does everyone revise for english literature? I was going to just make a list of quotes and then remember subject terminology and effect

And for language just learn how to recognise the effect and subject terminology as that's what I seem to struggle the most on

Do you guys think this will be effective

As well as doing this, I recommend practising writing essays in timed conditions and making sure you know your aims and assessments you need to follow.

thank you
Original post by Rhythmical
As well as doing this, I recommend practising writing essays in timed conditions and making sure you know your aims and assessments you need to follow.

are those the A0 and then whatever number I wasn't sure how those would help but the essays I will do thank you
Original post by samaad1
are those the A0 and then whatever number I wasn't sure how those would help but the essays I will do thank you

Assessment Objectives are a big must, I know when doing my GCSE's I wasn't aware of them but they help examiners grade your work so it's best to know what you will be marked against, i.e knowing the context of your work, making sure your work is concise as possible, and use accurate terminology etc. But no problem! :smile:
Assessment Objectives are a big must, I know when doing my GCSE's I wasn't aware of them but they help examiners grade your work so it's best to know what you will be marked against, i.e knowing the context of your work, making sure your work is concise as possible, and use accurate terminology etc. But no problem! :smile:

oh ok I will go learn them now then just curious what do/did you do for A-level?

What do you mean by accurate terminology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naomeyz_01
What do you mean by accurate terminology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you write an essay in English Language, nearly 100% of the time you need to use terminology to back up your reasoning and it must be accurate to identify you understand the question. Using terminology in English Literature is also important. Say for example you want to write how the weather reflects the mood of the novel, you can write pathetic fallacy and score more marks etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending