English Revision Watch

username2803872
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How does everyone revise for english literature? I was going to just make a list of quotes and then remember subject terminology and effect

And for language just learn how to recognise the effect and subject terminology as that's what I seem to struggle the most on

Do you guys think this will be effective
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by samaad1)
How does everyone revise for english literature? I was going to just make a list of quotes and then remember subject terminology and effect

And for language just learn how to recognise the effect and subject terminology as that's what I seem to struggle the most on

Do you guys think this will be effective
As well as doing this, I recommend practising writing essays in timed conditions and making sure you know your aims and assessments you need to follow.
username2803872
Rep:
?
thank you
username2803872
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rhythmical)
As well as doing this, I recommend practising writing essays in timed conditions and making sure you know your aims and assessments you need to follow.
are those the A0 and then whatever number I wasn't sure how those would help but the essays I will do thank you
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by samaad1)
are those the A0 and then whatever number I wasn't sure how those would help but the essays I will do thank you
Assessment Objectives are a big must, I know when doing my GCSE's I wasn't aware of them but they help examiners grade your work so it's best to know what you will be marked against, i.e knowing the context of your work, making sure your work is concise as possible, and use accurate terminology etc. But no problem!
username2803872
Rep:
?
Assessment Objectives are a big must, I know when doing my GCSE's I wasn't aware of them but they help examiners grade your work so it's best to know what you will be marked against, i.e knowing the context of your work, making sure your work is concise as possible, and use accurate terminology etc. But no problem!
oh ok I will go learn them now then just curious what do/did you do for A-level?
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you mean by accurate terminology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Naomeyz_01)
What do you mean by accurate terminology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you write an essay in English Language, nearly 100% of the time you need to use terminology to back up your reasoning and it must be accurate to identify you understand the question. Using terminology in English Literature is also important. Say for example you want to write how the weather reflects the mood of the novel, you can write pathetic fallacy and score more marks etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.93%
No (222)
94.07%

Watched Threads