Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Equilibrium Moles Help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How would I get the eqm moles for this? I calculated 0.5 mol for 2W and 0.25 mol for X, but my teacher told me it was 1 mol. I don't understand at all and I'd appreciate some helpName:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  504.7 KB
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doglover123)
    How would I get the eqm moles for this? I calculated 0.5 mol for 2W and 0.25 mol for X, but my teacher told me it was 1 mol. I don't understand at all and I'd appreciate some helpName:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  504.7 KB
    2W + X <==> 2Y

if 0.5 of Y have been formed then 0.5 of W have reacted therefore there are 2.5 of W left.

0.5 of W react with 0.25 of X therefore there are 0.75 of X left at equilibrium.

Your teacher is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    2W + X <==> 2Y

if 0.5 of Y have been formed then 0.5 of W have reacted therefore there are 2.5 of W left.

0.5 of W react with 0.25 of X therefore there are 0.75 of X left at equilibrium.

Your teacher is wrong.
    Yeah, he was wrong. I figured it out eventually. It's just annoying bc i spent hours trying to work out where i went wrong. Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.