Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to apply to one of these universities to put as my insurance choice (if i was to get an offer). Both have offers of ABB , and whilst Liverpool is a Russell Group uni, Aberdeen is not. However Aberdeen is 12th best for law (according the the complete university guide website), and Liverpool is 38th.
    Is anyone aware of which uni is more respected by law firms, and by employers in general?
    Which university would give me a better chance of a career in law?

Thank you!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to live and practise law in England or Scotland? It makes no sense to do a degree in Scots Law if you plan on living in England and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    English, but Aberdeen do a degree that qualifies you for both
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by under-the-ivy)
    I am looking to apply to one of these universities to put as my insurance choice (if i was to get an offer). Both have offers of ABB , and whilst Liverpool is a Russell Group uni, Aberdeen is not. However Aberdeen is 12th best for law (according the the complete university guide website), and Liverpool is 38th.
    Is anyone aware of which uni is more respected by law firms, and by employers in general?
    Which university would give me a better chance of a career in law?

Thank you!
    Aberdeen's law school is awesome and has a grand rep within Scotland so I've heard.

Neither however have the same 'cache' as the likes of Oxbridge, the London trio, Durham, Bristol, Warwick, Manchester etc when it comes to the more elite firms in London but still overall solid universities in and of themselves.

I would go with whichever degree programme and location combo you prefer, the career prospects are largely down to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd Personally put Liverpool down, maybe its because I'm doing the same as its a safe bet.

I was wondering if i could ask something?
    My current predictions are A/A* B B (the same as my achieved grades)
    However the LSE requirements for Anthropology and Law is AAB - would I be at a huge disadvantage, considering the rest of my application is very strong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greys-anatomy)
    I'd Personally put Liverpool down, maybe its because I'm doing the same as its a safe bet.

I was wondering if i could ask something?
    My current predictions are A/A* B B (the same as my achieved grades)
    However the LSE requirements for Anthropology and Law is AAB - would I be at a huge disadvantage, considering the rest of my application is very strong?
    Your predictions are good and if they are the same as your achieved grades unis will probably expect you to do slightly better anyway. I think you you would stand a decent chance of getting an offer especially considering that the possibility of the A* would make up for the other A. Its competitive but if you were at a disadvantage I dont think it would be by much, and the rest of your application would potentially make up for that anyway- i think you'd have a good chance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.