Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Teaching in FE enquiry Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I wondered if anyone knows whether a candidate would be considered for a teaching position in an FE College within the Business department (i.e. teaching level 2 and 3 Business courses) if they have a Foundation Degree in Business as opposed to a full Honours degree? - Most job descriptions state that you need to hold a degree level qualification, and as year 2 of the Foundation Degree is at Level 5, would this make it acceptable?

Thank you in advance,
    Melissa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melissamw)
    Hi all,

I wondered if anyone knows whether a candidate would be considered for a teaching position in an FE College within the Business department (i.e. teaching level 2 and 3 Business courses) if they have a Foundation Degree in Business as opposed to a full Honours degree? - Most job descriptions state that you need to hold a degree level qualification, and as year 2 of the Foundation Degree is at Level 5, would this make it acceptable?

Thank you in advance,
    Melissa
    I have known of other subjects being taught by people without a degree in that subject. A lot of it is about having some experience (even if only voluntry placements)

ReputationRep:
    You're in with a chance I'd say.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.