Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Homeless at Uni

ReputationRep:
    So basically money is tight and I'm crashing at a friends but it's not ideal at all. Just got a job but won't have adequate funds to put down a deposit anywhere for atleast another month.

What are my options until then?

(Original post by jackbuddyolboy)
    So basically money is tight and I'm crashing at a friends but it's not ideal at all. Just got a job but won't have adequate funds to put down a deposit anywhere for atleast another month.

Bank o/d. What about your grant cheque? Uni hardship fund.

ReputationRep:
    speak to the SU and student services the can all help you even your tutor may be a good idea

ReputationRep:

Didn't you take out a student loan (assuming you are eligible)

ReputationRep:

Hello ,

There are a couple of options you can take.
    Talk to your university and explain your situation to them - they may be able to offer you university accommodation through an agreement.
    Talk to your Student Union, they will be able to offer advice.
    Apply for grants and more and you might be able to get money you didn't know you were entitled too!

Good luck!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.