Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Applying for a part time job but got no references?

The reason I am asking this is because it will not allow me to continue with my application form unless I put in 2 references which I don't have. What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adz234)
    The reason I am asking this is because it will not allow me to continue with my application form unless I put in 2 references which I don't have. What do I do?

I am surprised a part-time job is even requesting references. I never got asked until I started working full-time.

Put in the details of your previous workplace. (If you are still on good terms with your previous employer than it would be courteous to let them know)

hamza ahmad hamzaahmad786 luton hertfordshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzaahmad786)
    Put in the details of your previous workplace.
    Considering they have no references it somewhat suggests this will be their first job and thus won't have a previous employer to use as a reference.

Get in contact with teachers (both current and previous) that would be willing to give you a reference. I had to get 2 references for my first part time job, I used my personal tutor at secondary school and the head of my primary school (since it was local and I was still in contact with them).

ReputationRep:
    hey,

Check out this article, I think it will be of help to your problem!

What can I do I have no references: http://advice.milkround.com/what-can...-no-references

ReputationRep:
    I advise asking your teacher for a reference or two too. Just wondering did you not do like work experience , usually if you have, you can get a reference from them aswell, if they will give you one? Even volunteer work (charity) could give you a reference if you are liable for one.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.