Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

BMAT? Pointless risk?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Should I do the BMAT or is it a pointless risk?
    I got 9A* and 2A at GCSE, AAACC (C in Chem and Phys and I dropped History at A2 as it is too much work) in AS and am predicted A*AA at A2 in Chem, Bio and French.
    I got 1910 total on the UKCAT

is it worth it or no?
    I am thinking of applying to Edinburgh, Sheffield, Liverpool (definitely)
    and maybe KCL if not Oxford or Imperial if I do the BMAT.
    THANKS!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, BMAT is risky but if you have your heart set on a BMAT uni then putting down one option and doing really well on the BMAT could be a potential offer.
    As for UKCAT, Sheffield and Liverpool look good but I would be wary about Edinburgh and KCL. Your UKCAT averages out to around 630's I think and they are very UKCAT heavy schools, if your STJ band is high maybe see what places use those?
    Also, bear in mind imperial have a BMAT cut-off and Oxford looks at each part of the BMAT differently, but with your grades could be a good shot

ReputationRep:
    thanks! do you have any ideas on which unis use SJT more than the rest of UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamaslostasyou)
    thanks! do you have any ideas on which unis use SJT more than the rest of UKCAT?
    The main one I know of is HYMS, the use it as part of interview offer then again as part of making an offer alongside interview score

ReputationRep:
    I didnt want to start another thread just for a related question - with 9A* and 2A what would be the required minimum in each of the sections for the BMAT to at least be shortlisted for interview?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.