Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Pregnant at uni

ReputationRep:
    I've been at uni for around 3 weeks and ive just found out that i am pregnant. Can i survive my first while being pregnant i currently live in a shared house and my boyfriend is 100 miles away he said he wants me to keep it but i have no clue what to do. I just need people's opions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleekat18)
    I've been at uni for around 3 weeks and ive just found out that i am pregnant. Can i survive my first while being pregnant i currently live in a shared house and my boyfriend is 100 miles away he said he wants me to keep it but i have no clue what to do. I just need people's opions
    lol meme.
    I mean. If you can deal with a baby and doing studies, keep it. If not. Rip

ReputationRep:
    Having a baby and going to uni can be done but you will have to take some time off and it will be stressful but if you want to continue with the pregnancy then it would be worth it. There are all kinds of support available for pregnant women and mothers at uni and if you do plan on keeping the baby, it would be wise to look into the support options soon.

If you don't plan to continue the pregnancy then you have two options, abortion or adoption. I would advise talking to your GP or family planning clinic if you are considering either of these options.

We can't tell you what to do, only advise you on your options or tell you what we would personally do in that circumstance but ultimately the choice is yours. I would advise talking to someone you trust as well as your partner as it can be a very big burden to keep to yourself while you decide what to do. I know from experience how unexpected pregnancies can be extremely stressful and one of the most daunting things you can face, especially while young but whatever you choose to do, I'm sure it'll be the right decision for you.

Good luck

Go and speak to the welfare officer in the SU.

You will just need to do a pros and cons on whether to keep or not and work out the consequences of each,. the opinion that really matters is yours. Dont get pressured.

ReputationRep:
    I'd vote not to keep it as it's a heck of a lot of pressure on a uni student with minimal income and a lot of work to manage. Try again when you're out of your degree :cute:

However it's your call, not mine :3

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.