The Student Room Group

Speaking to someone after a while

Alright so I'm in my 2nd year of college and I keep in touch with a fair few people from school, a few I just say Hi to if I walk past them but I *mutually* ignore some too and that's fine. But there's one girl I wanna speak to from my school days. Never realised how much I enjoyed speaking to her however briefly and I'm thinking with university on the horizon I may as well ask her out, no regrets and all that. But when you haven't spoken for well over a year and you've got different friends it's tough (I'd say she's more attractive than me obviously, probably out of my league but confidence can get you anywhere).
How would you recommend going about it? I feel like one conversation, see if it's flirty as it used to be and then asking her out is enough, but obviously loads of people here with much more experience. I'm 17 and I'm ready for a relationship and if nothing comes of it I'll be proud that I gave it a go.
Reply 1
Would greatly appreciate any help before I go offff
Original post by Anonymous
Would greatly appreciate any help before I go offff

Focus on A-levels :angry:
Reply 3
just go for it, you've got nothing to lose :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Focus on A-levels :angry:

Would actually probably do better on my A-Levels if I had someone, would have someone to motivate me, spend time with. But I get what you say haha hope she doesn't see it that way
Kind of look around and see where she hangs out and then just "happen" to be there and say something like, "Hey, we haven't talked in a long time....how are you doing? Make it seem like it was just a coincidence that you ran into her. Hopefully she'll chat for a bit.... but if she's with friends or heading to class you may have to 'run into' her more than once. If you haven't already friend her on fb, whats app etc.
If she is friendly and seems receptive then casually ask her if she wants to meet for pumpkin spice latte (yay fall!) or something. If she meets you for that then while you're having coffee/tea (whatever) properly ask her out on a date. Good luck!! Let us know what happens!
Reply 6
Original post by Hopefully1
Kind of look around and see where she hangs out and then just "happen" to be there and say something like, "Hey, we haven't talked in a long time....how are you doing? Make it seem like it was just a coincidence that you ran into her. Hopefully she'll chat for a bit.... but if she's with friends or heading to class you may have to 'run into' her more than once. If you haven't already friend her on fb, whats app etc.
If she is friendly and seems receptive then casually ask her if she wants to meet for pumpkin spice latte (yay fall!) or something. If she meets you for that then while you're having coffee/tea (whatever) properly ask her out on a date. Good luck!! Let us know what happens!

Thanks! Sure will. Will definitely try, she's just often in a group of friends so it's tough to get a clear conversation but I definitely will find somewhere to speak to her, ask her out for a drink and see if there's scope for more. Cheers again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending