Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Traditional/Integrated Medical Schools

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head the more traditional-based or integrated courses for medicine. I obviously know Oxford and Cambridge are both very traditional but I was struggling to find others.

From my understanding, I think Nottingham and Birmingham are more traditionally based so I am applying to both of these unis, but I can't seem to find the teaching styles on a lot of the other unis websites.

Anyone know anymore?

Thanks in advance for your help

ReputationRep:
    Which is it you want: traditional or integrated? What do you think integrated means?

Give us an example of a website where you think its ambiguous.

ReputationRep:
    Consider St Andrews - very traditional course with probably the most thorough anatomy/physiology programme there is.

(Original post by elish2chambers)
    Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head the more traditional-based or integrated courses for medicine. I obviously know Oxford and Cambridge are both very traditional but I was struggling to find others.

From my understanding, I think Nottingham and Birmingham are more traditionally based so I am applying to both of these unis, but I can't seem to find the teaching styles on a lot of the other unis websites.

Anyone know anymore?

Thanks in advance for your help

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.