I've just confessed to my crush of 1 year through facebook anonymously

Announcements

now what? i dont know what to feel, i was so sure this would put an end to me chasing dead ends.

ReputationRep:
    Why facebook anonymously and not in person? Just kinda puts the message across that you lack confidence...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    now what? i dont know what to feel, i was so sure this would put an end to me chasing dead ends.
    Well if its anonymous will they be able to figure out its you? Not sure how that moves you forward.

(Original post by Alexion)
    Why facebook anonymously and not in person? Just kinda puts the message across that you lack confidence...
    i told him that being anonymous was quite pointless of me to send it in the first place but i only needed him to read it. but he needs to accept the message in order for me to see if he read it or not since he wont add my anon acc.
    so now im not sure if he read it fully or not.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Well if its anonymous will they be able to figure out its you? Not sure how that moves you forward.
    it's been one year, im sure nothing will happen as he'll go to uni by the end of next year and im in y12. so ive decided to stop this. tell him to give some closure to it all. wasnt sure if this was a good idea.

it's been one year, im sure nothing will happen as he'll go to uni by the end of next year and im in y12. so ive decided to stop this. tell him to give some closure to it all. wasnt sure if this was a good idea.
    Life goes on whether he figures its you or not.

ReputationRep:
    You've had a heartfelt crush that didn't go anywhere. The good news is that, hopefully, you too will be going to uni quite soon(ish) and there will be plenty of other guys to meet and hopefully (most likely) find a good one to get into a great relationship with! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Usually messages from non friends go to the other folder? So a chance he may not have read it if it was me it would freak me out being stalked on a anon account I would have blocked you.

ReputationRep:
    Just gonna go check my Facebook. :creep:

ReputationRep:
    Great. Still better than me.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Liked a guy for five years. And nothing.

(Original post by fandom-queen)
    Great. Still better than me.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Liked a guy for five years. And nothing.
    wow i can understand your misery -_- one year and it's already draining me.

(Original post by chikane)
    Usually messages from non friends go to the other folder? So a chance he may not have read it if it was me it would freak me out being stalked on a anon account I would have blocked you.
    i've made an account under fake name, tried to add him to message him, he blocked that one. so i made another, add a friend of his that would accept anyone to make their friendlist bigger, once im friend of his friend i can message him. he read it he added me, we talked last night, he was quite nice but i dont have plans to tell him who i am yet or ever. he's so nice, i cant get over it. this made it worse for getting over him

(Original post by Hopefully1)
    You've had a heartfelt crush that didn't go anywhere. The good news is that, hopefully, you too will be going to uni quite soon(ish) and there will be plenty of other guys to meet and hopefully (most likely) find a good one to get into a great relationship with! :-)
    i hope so i wanted to go to college as it's a new place like uni, but i decided to stay at my 6th form instead which is becoming an increasingly bad choice

ReputationRep:
    i've made an account under fake name, tried to add him to message him, he blocked that one. so i made another, add a friend of his that would accept anyone to make their friendlist bigger, once im friend of his friend i can message him. he read it he added me, we talked last night, he was quite nice but i dont have plans to tell him who i am yet or ever. he's so nice, i cant get over it. this made it worse for getting over him
    what did he say to you? But seriously if you want to get over him you have to tell him with your real identity, then if he says he's not interested you'll obviously be heartbroken in the short term but in the long term you'll be really thankful.

(Original post by sarskinz)
    what did he say to you? But seriously if you want to get over him you have to tell him with your real identity, then if he says he's not interested you'll obviously be heartbroken in the short term but in the long term you'll be really thankful.
    he said he's not going to be horrible no matter who i am, he was overall really nice and understanding. im refraining from telling who i am because though the truth will get this over with, im not in the mood to be hurt, not now anyways.

ReputationRep:
    You're what 17/18? Focus on your studies.

ReputationRep:
    i hope so i wanted to go to college as it's a new place like uni, but i decided to stay at my 6th form instead which is becoming an increasingly bad choice
    Nope, in the long run you've made the right decision. When you do head off to uni you will be prepared and have more maturity to deal with the issues of university.
    You will find a guy you like at uni..... you are going to have a whole new world open to you! Good Luck!

(Original post by Hopefully1)
    Nope, in the long run you've made the right decision. When you do head off to uni you will be prepared and have more maturity to deal with the issues of university.
    You will find a guy you like at uni..... you are going to have a whole new world open to you! Good Luck!
    thank you! i'll endure these 2 years and hopefully it'll make a difference in my life later on

ReputationRep:
    Messaging on facebook is fair legit but doing it anonymously is the biggest waste of time I've ever heard about.

ReputationRep:
    Worst

Plan

Ever.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think sex education should be compulsory in schools?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.