The Student Room Group

Tsp 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ACR89
Has anyone been told officially whether the starting salary is going up to £28,600-ish?

You will be on whatever the Band T base is. If it's gone up to a new minimum then that's what you'll receive.
Reply 2462
Can anyone confirm what T base is currently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2463
Original post by ACR89
Has anyone been told officially whether the starting salary is going up to £28,600-ish?

Anyone not on anything higher will start on £28,652 (London £32,722)
Original post by M_W
Can anyone confirm what T base is currently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Currently it's £27,045 but just waiting for the pay award to be confirmed.
Original post by MrsHellesBelles
Currently it's £27,045 but just waiting for the pay award to be confirmed.

It was confirmed a couple of weeks ago. Figures are what AMTA90 said above from 1 June.
Original post by Mallet
It was confirmed a couple of weeks ago. Figures are what AMTA90 said above from 1 June.

I'll believe it when I get it in my payslip

Keep us updated!

There's nothing to not believe. It's been officially decided and announced and cleared with the treasury. Check the intranet. It'll be in your pay slip tomorrow, backdated to 1 Jun.
Original post by Mallet
There's nothing to not believe. It's been officially decided and announced and cleared with the treasury. Check the intranet. It'll be in your pay slip tomorrow, backdated to 1 Jun.

I'm a bit too long in the tooth and I just prefer to wait. Anything could happen in the time between the pay announcement and it actually being paid, as you say payslips are out this week and when it's there in black and white I'll happily confirm that it's £28652.
As if London has gone up by 2.5 grand, that's mad.
Reply 2471
what day is pay day at HMRC? Is it today as mentioned above or do we get payslips in advance of pay day?
Original post by ACR89
what day is pay day at HMRC? Is it today as mentioned above or do we get payslips in advance of pay day?

It's the last working day of the month
It's the last working day of the month

Original post by ACR89

Pay run is done 5 working days before payday so pay slips are available next day. Hence pay slips today for pay next Monday.
Just got an email saying we are going up to 28650 so that's definite then. Still a bit wishy washy on getting appointment letters and contracts out.
Original post by ACR89

I have just received an email confirming that outside of London TSP minimum will be £28,652 with external candidates starting on the minimum.
Original post by MVPearce
I have just received an email confirming that outside of London TSP minimum will be £28,652 with external candidates starting on the minimum.

Can't be bad. Should be an extra grand or so in your pockets and you haven't even started yet! :smile:
Reply 2477
Original post by Mallet
Can't be bad. Should be an extra grand or so in your pockets and you haven't even started yet! :smile:

Any internal candidates know if the starting salary for G7s has also changed? I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the bottom point of all scales has been removed?
Hi, I've had a provisional offer for a Band O role in Bristol as a result of being on the TSP reserve list. I will have to relocate so I am still trying to decide whether to proceed with things. Can any current Bristol HMRC employees give me any advice as to what the office is like, office parking (or lack of) and what Bristol is like as a place to live (rent prices seem quite expensive to me!). Thank you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DS139
Any internal candidates know if the starting salary for G7s has also changed? I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the bottom point of all scales has been removed?

I wouldn't go as far as to say removed, but I think the minima were increased across the board. G7 has increased from 48,389 to 48,868 (National) and 54461 to 55006 (London).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending