The Student Room Group

Tsp 2017

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to say it will be Thursday morning, as I'll be flying and won't be able to check my mails... same as last time 🙈 I really hope we find out before I go though, flying is torture enough for me without having to on this too
The suspense is killing me haha, I expected them to be out by now, given that feedback was 2 weeks ago.
Original post by milkybarkid123
The suspense is killing me haha, I expected them to be out by now, given that feedback was 2 weeks ago.

I'm presuming that having to incorporate changes in preference for ICAS into the location allocation has delayed the process a little though until close of play on Friday they're still within their original time frame
Had a hope/feeling about today as a few things have come out on Wednesdays but as 10am past it's less likely. Hopefully it's taking so long ensuring everyone gets their preferences
(edited 6 years ago)
I've given up guessing when we will find out. Ive accepted I'll find out when they tell us lol 😂 Its still torture though
I'm checking my emails constantly. This is more important than the result email as without a place at your chosen location (s) the result is worthless. I am so impatient. I just need to know!
Reply 1806
Well, I got my 'you're successful' email at 9am, and the feedback email at 5pm... so there's still hope for today!! haha. I'm also running with the theory that it won't be Friday as if people have questions they won't be answered till Monday... this is so painful!!!!
Reply 1807
Guess that means we're not hearing today. Oh well 2 days to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1808
Really surprised it's taking so long given that the results were two weeks early.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's been no update to the portal either. Surely if it was going to be after the end of April they would have told us by now? It may be my ignorance, but I don't understand how they managed to get the feedback out before the locations, I thought the feedback would have been so much more time consuming
Reply 1810
Original post by Frankjack87
There's been no update to the portal either. Surely if it was going to be after the end of April they would have told us by now? It may be my ignorance, but I don't understand how they managed to get the feedback out before the locations, I thought the feedback would have been so much more time consuming

Same here. To be honest I don't understand why the locations take long at all, aside from waiting for the solicitor interviews. It's only 200 people and a hefty proportion of those will get their first choice immediately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1811
Original post by Buck14
Same here. To be honest I don't understand why the locations take long at all, aside from waiting for the solicitor interviews. It's only 200 people and a hefty proportion of those will get their first choice immediately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might find some locations haven't fully decided on their future need for TSP G7s. Or they haven't fully finalised which centres where ICAS pilots will be run. There are likely to be plenty of other people involved in the process outside of HR which could be holding things up. Hopefully it doesn't go beyond Friday.
Original post by DS139
You might find some locations haven't fully decided on their future need for TSP G7s. Or they haven't fully finalised which centres where ICAS pilots will be run. There are likely to be plenty of other people involved in the process outside of HR which could be holding things up. Hopefully it doesn't go beyond Friday.

Given that the ICAS is fairly new within HMRC coupled with the feedback received from last years students must have meant some applicants withdrew from the scheme. I guess this makes for extra work for HMRC but they've been very good so far with deadlines.

Still, I wonder how tough the next 48 hours can really be...If they do over-run it's a 3 day weekend in which case it might be the first long weekend that I really won't enjoy!
Last year they emailed locations 10am on the last Friday of April. Maybe that's their day. If it goes beyond Friday I wonder how we will be told things are delayed seeing as Facebook is on lockdown for them
Original post by dsmcq1
Last year they emailed locations 10am on the last Friday of April. Maybe that's their day. If it goes beyond Friday I wonder how we will be told things are delayed seeing as Facebook is on lockdown for them

They said communication would be via email either through the tsp mailbox or CSR.

Though I really hope it isn't delayed this wait has been hellish enough as it is.
I sent a message to the facebook page asking if we would hear by the end of April. I just got a response

"I understand that an email about this is being sent about this in the next couple of days. To make sure you receive this please check your contact details on your Civil Service Job Portal Account are up to date. Thank you"
Reply 1816
Just had an email advising there will be a delay in giving locations, and that there will be a further update on Friday 5 May.
Glad I wasn't the only one 🤢 that freaked at the email opening with unfortunately
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1818
Original post by Ali.23
Just had an email advising there will be a delay in giving locations, and that there will be a further update on Friday 5 May.

This is so annoying 😩
Reply 1819
Original post by Ali.23

Me too. My heart stopped when I saw the word 'unfortunately'!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending