Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Applying to Medicine at Newcastle and University of Birmingham through access schemes. Both require them to be made as firm choices for the access schemes to apply. Do I have to do decide a firm choice when sending the UCAS application as that will mean I can only apply to one of them. Or can I do this later after the conditional offer or rejection is known?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me_aisha)
    Applying to Medicine at Newcastle and University of Birmingham through access schemes. Both require them to be made as firm choices for the access schemes to apply. Do I have to do decide a firm choice when sending the UCAS application as that will mean I can only apply to one of them. Or can I do this later after the conditional offer or rejection is known?
    You can only select firm and insurance choices once you have no more pending offers (i.e. you have acceptances/rejections or have withdrawn your application from all of the universities you applied for).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    You can only select firm and insurance choices once you have no more pending offers (i.e. you have acceptances/rejections or have withdrawn your application from all of the universities you applied for).
    so you do that with track...?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    so you do that with track...?
    Yes. When you've had all your responses back it gives you the option to choose your firm and insurance (although there's no need to do that immediately, you have until the deadline).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yes. When you've had all your responses back it gives you the option to choose your firm and insurance (although there's no need to do that immediately, you have until the deadline).
    Ok.
    I think I'm waiting until college check my form before they then send it off and I get track stuff in the post :excited:(When is that deadline?)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ok.
    I think I'm waiting until college check my form before they then send it off and I get track stuff in the post :excited:(When is that deadline?)
    It depends on when you get your last response but for most people, it will be 4. May.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It depends on when you get your last response but for most people, it will be 4. May.
    Plenty of time
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ok.
    Don't you do it all online? Mine helped with the personal statement but that was it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Don't you do it all online? Mine helped with the personal statement but that was it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Uh yeah I think so
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (lofty reference :rofl: (-bob) :rofl:)
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Uh yeah I think so
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (lofty reference :rofl: (-bob) :rofl:)
    To save myself from the lecture I'm gonna pretend I know what you're on about

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    To save myself from the lecture I'm gonna pretend I know what you're on about

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you watch Bob the Builder when you were younger? :toofunny:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Did you watch Bob the Builder when you were younger? :toofunny:
    Not really

I thought you were on about casualty tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Not really

I thought you were on about casualty tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.